Whole 30 at 260

Options
I'm 26 years old and 260 pounds. I've never really admitted that out loud. I don't even want to talk about the number on my drivers license. I just spent the last three days detailing every last meal and snack to begin the whole 30 starting tomorrow. I have cut up and separate days on days of carrots cucumbers and grapes. I've planned my packed my lunch and hard boiled eggs. I've never felt so set in something in my life. And guess what? I'm actually excited. I'm ready for this change. This is my heaviest I've ever been. I'm 26 and shouldn't feel it in my knees. I want to do this for myself and the life ahead of me because I'm tired of being the chubby girl. The nice one that everybody refers to as chubby or curvy because it's rude to describe someone you like as fat just because you like their personality. I don't want to be that girl anymore. I want to look like the person I am.

Replies

• angavai
    angavai Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Please do add me in ... would like to join
  • shawnagreen1920
    shawnagreen1920 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I could use the support too. I need to lose 120lbs. I'm new at this weight loss thing. I could def use the motivation and support!
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    Options
    I'm 25 and I'm 262 lbs.

My diary is open to friends, I'm not going to lie.. I slip up sometimes and that is shown in my logs.
    But it's all a learning curve and im always looking for supportive friends :)
  • sarajane729
    sarajane729 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your whole 30 journey, I am on day two myself!
  • New_Mara91
    New_Mara91 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad your excited about losing weight that mindset is what will get you to your goal. Stay positive!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Whole 30 is an extreme elimination diet. It's purpose did not start out as a weight loss plan, instead for those with allergy/digestive issues they need to figure out. People lose weight because it is so very restrictive.

Learning about (and adjusting) current food habits and adjusting portion sizes will give you tools to lose weight AND to keep the weight off.

Good luck - hopefully Whole 30 gives you some sort of insight for maintenance. Lifestyle changes will help you stay at goal.
    6778956 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I picked it because I like the structure of it. I do well with guidelines and ultimately i need be a little healthier in general.
  • MGJourney2017
    MGJourney2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started Whole30 yesterday and looking for support- hit me up or send a friend request. Let's stay positive and help each other out !
  • KaciKaciKaci555
    KaciKaciKaci555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    6778956 wrote: »
    I picked it because I like the structure of it. I do well with guidelines and ultimately i need be a little healthier in general.

how is it going?
  • Stephlacki
    Stephlacki Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello. Few years older. But in the same boat. Would love if you added me.
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Add me if anyone wants extra support, we also have a whole30 group. I'm jess, 41 year old fulltime working mom. Round 3 for me, day 45 of a whole200
  • ckam78
    ckam78 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am exactly where you are and just a little behind you on Whole 30 (I finish early next week 2/21/17) and I love it! I feel like a million bucks, stated working out again. I just feel so ready to conquer this weight thing . Anyone who says just elimination is wrong - I am relearning to eat. I learned I had will power when out with friends and didn't have drink. I am eating and loving healthy whole foods . I now would choose raspberries over cake. None of these things are things I would have known 25 days ago. Friend me if interested and keep up the good work! It is a journey ahead but the W30 was just the kickstart I needed.
  • MGJourney2017
    MGJourney2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there this is my first W30 round, feeling good and glad no more stomach aches! Question: is it necessary to do the reintroduction after completing the 30 days? I don't think it makes sense bc why put bad stuff back in? Just a thought....
  • elleske
    elleske Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Just completed whole30 in January. I lost a little more than 10 pounds and the nonscale victories were incredible. Better sleep, sustained energy throughout the day, improved focus, less bloating. Feel free to add me. I'm pretty much happy still eating whole30 compliant because I cannot go back to the energy rollercoaster of my pre-whole30 days.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Never heard of this before. Wish you every success on your journey.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Hi there this is my first W30 round, feeling good and glad no more stomach aches! Question: is it necessary to do the reintroduction after completing the 30 days? I don't think it makes sense bc why put bad stuff back in? Just a thought....

What "bad" stuff are you talking about? Can you seriously eat that way forever?
  • HGarcia1527
    HGarcia1527 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hope all is going well. Just sent you a request! I started my journey 45 days ago
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Started today, wish me luck, I will need it
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

The good news is Whole 30 isn't meant to eliminate "bad foods." It eliminates foods that some people tend to have sensitivities to, even if they are healthy, such as dairy and legumes. It's meant to be a way to see how your body reacts to various foods as you add them back in. Add dairy and feel great? Awesome! And beans and feel crappy? Well, now you know you should probably limit the beans!

I LOVED Whole 30. I physically and mentally felt incredible. I was happier, had more energy, slept better, and had no more issues with bloating, indigestion, and heartburn. I also lost 15 lbs but honestly, what I remember most was how great I felt.

To those who say, "Can you eat like this your whole life?" A lot of people actually can, and do. My husband and I ate incredibly well, and I still stick to mostly Whole 30/ paleo meals just because I think they're yummy and I like how I feel when I eat that way. The difference is now, I do eat things like beans, corn, and dairy, and I do have my daily wine and the occasional "eat whatever I want" meal out. BUT I am much more in tune with my body. I know when something I ate doesn't agree with me, whereas before, I felt kinda crappy all the time whether I was eating healthy or not. Turns out I do have some sensitivities to diary, and major sensitivities to sulfites. So although I drink wine, I usually stick to whites, which have less sulfites. I still have dairy but it's mostly limited to a little cheese on salad or the occasional yogurt, as opposed to putting cheese on everything even if my calorie allotment allows it. I cook with butter sometimes, but will usually use olive oil or coconut oil instead, since I don't have a negative reaction to those. Now, I rarely get heartburn and indigestion and when I do, I know I'm not being careful enough about what I'm eating (like when I get busy and tired and start ordering delivery and take-out multiple times a week). Funnily enough, these are also the times I start to gain weight. So then I go back to thoughtfully planning meals and grocery shopping, and I can quickly lose those pounds and start feeling great again.