People with biiiiiig losses/lots to loose

Options
Hey! My names Hannah,
Since the beginning of August I've lost 110 lbs. I still have about 100 lbs to loose. Looking for people with similarly large losses or who have finished their journey, or close to, to share motivation with.

Replies

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I've lost 137 pounds and have about 90 to go
  • tera2017
    tera2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need help.....
  • Haniejane89
    Haniejane89 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Alyssa0061 that's amazing! Do you have a time frame in mind? I'd really like to reach my goal by this August.

And tera2017.... how may we assist?! :)
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I lost 41kg, got relatively lean, I'd say around 15% bodyfat. Decided to start bulking, which quickly turned into EAT ALL THE THINGS. Long story short I gained almost 20kg in the span of 3 months, so here I am losing weight again.
  • TheePhoenix
    TheePhoenix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to lose another 150
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I've lost approx. 150 lbs. and would like to drop another 20. This last stretch of road is TOUGH.
  • success313
    success313 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to MFP and have 154 to lose. Good luck to all!
  • lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have 48lbs to lose. I want to do it by August, but it's so far not working out so well. :cry:
  • jayb1278
    jayb1278 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got started. My Ultimate goal is to go down about 130, but I know that if I think in terms of that, it'll be really easy to get overwhelmed and give up, so i'm focusing on day-to-day goals. After my first week, I lost 7.5 lbs, but I know that the weight just falls off right at the beginning. Managing expectations for future weigh-ins.
  • Haniejane89
    Options
    It is so tough at the beginning. I know it was for me anyway looking at it thinking I had over 200lbs to loose. But now I'm over half way I am feeling so thankful that I did make that commitment and kept plugging away at it. What helped me was mini goals, weighing in a unit I wasn't familiar with (I've always used stone, so switched to kg), I don't really know why I felt this helped... but I think the high numbers didn't mean so much emotionally because I didn't know the conversion unless I actively converted it. Also, it's a journey. If one day doesn't work out IT DOES NOT MATTER. This helped me stop that one bad day causing a bad week, which previously could have easily set me back 5-7lbs. So the bigger picture is what matters when you have lots to go. As long as your trend is generally downwards, your doing great, no matter the speed of losses or whatever.
    I feel fantastic at the weight I'm at now... I can get up and down off the floor easily, I can put socks and shoes on without struggling, I can chase my 5 year old around, and the stairs at work don't bother me half as much. But I need to stay focused for the second half!
  • Haniejane89
    Options
    Also... take photos... and measurements. You will hate them right now... but when you're seeing progress in your pictures and the measurements you will be so glad you have them to look back on!
  • lasirenagordita
    lasirenagordita Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow, Hannah, that is incredible! I just started a few weeks ago with 100 pounds to lose and have lost about 10 so far. You're inspiring!
  • Haniejane89
    Options
    Wow, Hannah, that is incredible! I just started a few weeks ago with 100 pounds to lose and have lost about 10 so far. You're inspiring!

1 day at a time sweet! You can do it xxx
  • shutterbaby87
    shutterbaby87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! New here and kinda of jumping back on this journey. Technically I'm still at square one. My goal is to lose 150 lbs. I'd like to do it in a year, but have yet to figure out how. I've tried so many different things. But, still, I have no idea what is going to work. Trying to count my macros.
  • JulieSHelms
    JulieSHelms Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I've lost 118 lbs. Almost to maintenance. If anybody wants encouragement for the long haul, feel free to friend me.
  • mroloff
    mroloff Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've lost 68 pounds so far and have 107 pounds to go... On the one hand, it's exciting because it's more weight than I've ever lost before and the lowest weight I've been at in years. On the other hand, it's scary because there's still so far to go...