Support and motivation needed for a newbie

Options
Where do I even begin? I could say that I was depressed throughout college and decided to pack on 120lbs. The truth is I've never really cared about my weight. What I did know is that food is an amazing treat. Having a hamburger with large fries is normal right? That's been my life over the past 10 year. I lived a "luxurious" lifestyle when it came to fast food. So.. the absolute truth is I've had my head stuck somewhere in the sand. I couldn't possibly understand why a 2xl shirt didn't fit or why I wore such a large pair of pants. The mirror was an optical illusion. The picture adds on 35lbs. I refuse to get my picture taken or even buy new clothes because the universe refuses to admit that IT is wrong. It isn't me at all. Am I the only one who have experienced this? Well that's what I thought at least. At least until... one day got a glimpse in the mirror. I saw someone who wasn't me. Someone who was an overweight women not wanting to go out side because of how embarrassed she looked. Not wanting to meet with friends because of fear of rejection. Not wanting her husband to touch her because she didn't want him to feel her fat.

Since I've never took the time to learn about healthy eating or exercises I am in dire need of support. I hope when I welcome any and all suggestions as this is a very new journey for me. Please add me as a friend so the motivational factor continues.

Replies

• linda212121
    linda212121 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Sent request to you
  • CatherineElizabeth13
    Options
    I avoid going places too.
    Weight can be more than physically limiting unfortunately :(

I'll pop you a request :)
  • CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    man I can totally relate to everything you posted. I'll add you. im.down 85lbs since January of last year my over all.goal.is like 110lbs
  • Taryan23
    Taryan23 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me Hun!
  • chiefod
    chiefod Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I here ya- I have lost and gained it back- 2nd day of being on track- the before and after pictures I keep looking and telling myself this can be me-birthday this March-it's really helping with motivation- big 55-