I can't stop eating!!

Options
my family ordered pizza last night and there are a lot of leftovers!
So the pizza hotwings and breadsticks had me at around 2100 calories by the end of the day.
Today i have had four pieces of pizza and some hot wings and i cant stop.
What is wrong with me!!!:explode:

I am still sick too so I can't start workiing out for at least a couple more days

well thats my rant for today...

Replies

• alymarest
    Options
    So the pizza hotwings and breadsticks had me at around 2100 calories by the end of the day.

I am still sick too so I can't start workiing out for at least a couple more days

• kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Step AWAY from the pizza! You can do it! :happy: When I crave and order a pizza I'll have two pieces then freeze 1-2 pieces in foil or plastic wrap so that they're out of the fridge and aren't quite as convenient. If you make a rule that you have to re-heat them in the oven (they taste better that way, anyway), you'll have to wait longer to eat them, making you figure out if you really, REALLY want it. I've also found that, if they're in the freezer, I can't just pull one out of the leftover box in the fridge as a quick "snack" or "breakfast." I LOVE cold pizza. :blushing: Hope that helps a little for next time. For now, just know that you enjoyed it and don't have anymore. You'll be okay. Slip ups happen! We're only human! Finding new skills to help with them next time you're tempted is key. Good luck!
  • amy07
    amy07 Posts: 7
    Options
    I know EXACTLY where your coming from!!! I LOVE food, ive been raised that way. I can be completely full and then see something i want so i eat it because i want it. :frown: However i am getting better about only eating what is necessary. :happy: You can do it! Just get rid of itt. out of sight out of mind!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    You have to just walk away. It is up to you to take control of your actions. You can do this. We are all here to help you out.
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Whenever I bake a cake or pie (birthday, holiday, etc) I make it a point to bring the leftovers into work (or my family's house, lol.) I bet a pizza would work just as well, since god knows I want a slice right about now!

You're fine! It's just one day. Over the course of the week, it will all even out. (That's what I'm telling myself too, because I had chinese food last night. But it was worth it!!)
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    YOU CAN FREEZE PIZZA!!! :laugh: I can't eat it cold but I love it leftover and it never had time to make it to the freezer, what a good idea. Seriously, I've had to throw things away that I'm tempted to eat because I have ZERO self-control when it comes to some things--pizza is one of them. I'm going in right now to make some low fat cookies for snack and then I'm taking half to the mechanics that are working on my car. They'll be happy and I'll be happy. :love:
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Pizza is my weakness! We ordered pizza last weekend and I broke down and ate two pieces.

My whole adult life my mindset has been "well I ate one piece so I blew the whole day...eat the whole thing, plus some ice cream and whatever else I want or desire." I am learning that if I make a mistake then don't wait until the next day to start over...start immediately! I have had to change my entire way of thinking and trust me it is not easy. So step away from the pizza and start anew!
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options

who is your family? your mom and dad, who made the decision and ordered for everyone, or you and your husband and the kids? cause if it was mom and dad, and your decision was made for you, you have a right to be angry they did not take your needs into consideration, ( I mean ,really ,if you were allergic to chocolate, would they be so cruel as to order a ginormous chocolate cake for dinner???!!!:mad: however, the burden lies with you. you could have taken the toppings off a couple of slices and tossed them onto a bowl of salad and eaten it that way. or you could have had a salad and a breadstick dipped in the sauce. its all about portions if you don't have any other options have one slice and walk away. as for the leftovers, I am cutting you no slack. you knew they were going to be there and did nothing to prevent them from entering your mouth. you could have frozen them, hidden them, or knowingly fought back by making sure you had something you really enjoyed eating as an alternative. NOW ON THE OTHERHAND....if you are head of your household, along with your Hubby of course, and you actually ordered the pizza, and ordered it in such a way that you could not turn it down, like with veggies or meat you hate, then you over ate, not once but two days. then shame on you.

ok, that said. why can't you stop eating? is something going on in your life that you are turning to the food? are you just ready for a binge and didn't expect it to start right this moment? laugh. BEEN THERE. I know I tell myself, wow, I am ready for.....whatever....and next week I think I will find some, only to find myself turning into the deli, or bakery, or whatever right then. its scary when you can't stop, when all the way up to the bakery counter, you know you shouldn't be there, you had to get out of the car and knowingly walk to the front door, pull it open, walk to the counter and then select something, and its not just a little something either. its a monster something. what makes us do that? the person that figures that out will be a millionaire. just start from right now kiddo. you are back on the wagon. look straight ahead down the road to your goal. you'll get there.:flowerforyou:
  • pismoshell
    Options
    i have that problem with a lot of food. I see it, i want it! I couldn't stop and I didn't know why I should!! The bottom line is, you can eat anything you want, as long as you don't eat it every day, all day. Don't deprive yourself, but don't indulge in binge eating, either.

Remember, every day is a new beginning. Don't let this set back get you down. We all have them!! I know when I was sick, I used that as an excuse...i needed the fuel to get well. When I got well, I realized how rediculous that was since I was just laying in bed all day and needed very little fuel at all. So, I started over.

Every day is a new beginning, a chance to shine, an opportunity to succeed. :wink:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I broke down last week too. I ordered a pizza even though it was 10pm at night and I ate all my calories and I wasn't even hungry. I just wanted pizza...so I ordered large just for me with garlic bread and chicken bites. Well I ate it all in two days. *sigh*

But it was sooooooo good and worth it.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I broke down last week too. I ordered a pizza even though it was 10pm at night and I ate all my calories and I wasn't even hungry. I just wanted pizza...so I ordered large just for me with garlic bread and chicken bites. Well I ate it all in two days. *sigh*

But it was sooooooo good and worth it.
    [/quote

was it really worth it? really?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh gosh I'm a pizza lover too...and we ordered it on Wenesday and I actually thought oh okay 1, 2 small slices won't be bad...then I entered the numbers here and I was like omg!!!! In the past I could sooo eat 4 slices....I'm so glad I stopped at 2 but I swear it was cuz I came right on here to post my food.....thank you mfp...keepin it realf for me LOL...sigh!

best of luck and don't beat yourself up, just learn from it and move on.... that's what I'm trying to do!
    :flowerforyou:
    Ali
  • my3kids
    my3kids Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    im in the same boat today for some reason..but tomorrow is a new day and im getting back on track one day wont kill me...but i have to tell myself stay away...ive done really well tho -88 # so i really cant complain to much
  • alymarest
    Options
    Me my boyfriend ordered te pizza it was like 9 pm and we had no food in the house. But my God i didn't have to eat the whole thing:noway: !! I realy loved the freezing idea next time i'll order my own pizza so i can do that. It's just so hard watching my boyfriend eat 5 pieces of pizza 8 hot wings and some breadsticks and that was just for dinner!!!! he eats as much calories i have in one day in only one meal:explode: .
    But i also binged!! I was like to hell with this diet thing i give up. Pizza is my new lover:love: LOL.

I know i am ashamed that I have no self controll and i binged for three days
    but i am over it now Today is a new day and i am back on track.

I loved all the ideas and support I REALY wouldn't be able to do this without YOU :flowerforyou:

:wink: :laugh:
  • melathon
    melathon Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I hear you...I LOVE PIZZA. It's so hard to say no when it's there. But, you must...sometimes. One thing you could try is taking 1-2 pieces, then getting rid of the rest of it (others suggested freezing it - this is a good idea that I'll have to try!). Then supplement that meal with some fruit or veggies. I know our culture says it's unorthodox to eat an orange or broccoli or whatever with pizza but that makes it a more balanced meal and you're more likely to feel full.
    One of the things that got me here is a couple years ago my then-boyfriend (now fiance) and I would order a large (2 people do not need that!) cheese stix with ranch sauce EVERY Tuesday and Thursday, and then proceed to polish off the entire thing in one sitting. Duh! That food should have lasted us three days at least, but nope. Better to add something nutritions, lo-cal, with fiber, and call that a meal.
    Good luck!