Easy healthy food kids will like!!??

Options
2»

Replies

• earthnut
    earthnut Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Veggies - non starchy ones are very low carb, even starchy ones are low carb, but potatoes don't count

Eggs
    Cottage cheese
    Cheese
    Nuts
    Meat
    Seafood
  • isabellapanzica9387
    Options
    Some fun fruits are,
    Pomegranates
    Pears
    Star fruit
    Tangerines
    Other good foods,
    blt salads
    Stir fry
  • blwhitfield22101
    blwhitfield22101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A very yummy meal side is cheesy bacon mashed cauliflower :)
  • bobs08
    bobs08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your help!!! She has not had any accidents still!!! This is amazing and she is so happy!!
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear & good luck at the next appointment. Boiled shrimp is a quick fun protein for snack or dinner.
  • emeraldbullsnake
    emeraldbullsnake Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Califlower Pizza sounds wierd but tastes really good and you cant even taste the califlower it just tastes like pizza fame flavor profile
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    bobs08 wrote: »
    What do you usually have for snacks and meals? Give some examples of what she likes and we can suggest some substitutes.

She loves pasta, someone mentioned veggie noodles which would be helpful.

She likes grapes and blueberries and apples .. all of those have sugar.

She was put on this diet because... Well to put it simply, she is wetting the bed, so they tested her urine. She has a few things they're going to look at (protein, bilirubin and ketones) ...All of which I was told a 4 year old shouldn't have. So the Dr referred us to a urologist which we are seeing on Friday. In the mean time, they said that sugar makes more urine, so try no or very very low sugar after lunch and try the same with carbs because carbs turn into sugar.

It sounds crazy to me too...But she has had no bed wetting since we started this.

And yes, I have tried many things before trying this as far as bedwetting goes.

WTH? My kids were not even potty trained until 4... and my 8yo still has accidents sometimes.

Find another doctor!!!
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I have no more suggestions, but I hope her Doc figures everything out!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Soups, chili, stew, omelets. Eggs and bacon/sausage with fruit (most kids I know love breakfast for dinner). Broccoli, chicken and spaghetti squash (or riced cauliflower) casserole with cheese. Spaghetti squash with any pasta sauce.