Running Buddies

Options
Anyone looking for supportive running friends? Feel I could do with some friends who I can talk to about running, goals, plans etc.

I'm part of a running club which I love but always on the look out for those I can talk to on here, :)

Started running about 1.5yrs ago and ran my first HM that same year. Joined my running club last April and just fell in love with running. Taking part in my first Marathon (Loch Ness Marathon) in September and am nervous but excited for it!

Replies

• Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Wow good for you!! What an awesome goal! I started running again this winter after 2.5 years off and am signing up for multiple races of different lengths so I don't quit again haha. On the list are 2 halfs, plus my first ever trail race! Also nervous and excited.
  • potatowhoruns
    potatowhoruns Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have run at least one race every month for nearly 2 years! And have a t shirt for nearly everyone! Joined a running club last year and loved it
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    Options
    I'm on a couple of running forums (runners world and running ahead) so I can talk about running with people who are a bit more seriously into it than my local Beer Runners group. I don't do runs with the other local running club because they go out very early in the morning, and I don't do mornings. I don't race as often as most of my online running friends, but I do a couple of races a year. I'm currently training for my 3rd marathon at the end of March.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    There is a group of runners on here. Go to the Monthly Running Challenge Group. Then go to Current and past challenges, then find February 2017. Runners of all abilities, beginner to experienced are welcome. :)
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
  • Runner_Bob
    Runner_Bob Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Am looking for running buddies on MFP also, so I may be sending out some friend requests, or please friend me. I got into running later in life - am 48 and ran my 1st Half 5 years ago. Been loving it ever since. Currently running 12 Marathons in 12 Months. #10 of 12 will be Feb. 19th in MD. Also running my 1st 50 miler in May this year. Happy Running!