Starting over - AGAIN

Hello all, Lacie from Pennsylvania here. Here is a quick overview of my weightloss journey...

In 2012 I lost over 50 pounds. I looked and felt amazing. I busted my butt, worked hard, and got where I wanted to be.

My life got turned upside down in 2014 and I gained it ALL back.

Since 2015, I have been fighting with myself losing and gaining, starting and quitting, and finally giving up.

It is February 1st... I joined the gym and am starting with 100% motivation today. I NEED to do this for me! I need my confidence and healthy figure back.

Anyone want to become "friends" to help push each other?

Please friend me!! Thanks all!!

Replies

• kteej
    kteej Posts: 46 Member
    What is your plan? I lost 50lbs in 1999 (Atkin's) - and have been playing with that loss ever since - trying different plans. I've never gotten back up to 200, but have never been at 150 again either. It's a constant struggle, but if I didn't do it, I'd probably be 300! I'm 186, as of today. I'd like to lose 30lbs.
  • LC8304
    LC8304 Posts: 17 Member
    What I did before was count calories, no eating after 7pm, walked or rode my bike 5 days a week for about an hour each day... cut back on beer and drank mostly water and coffee. I did allow myself a cheat day once a week to eat my favorite meal, but still in moderation.

This is my plan again, however I will be doing the elliptical and bike in the gym.... too cold outside right now lol....

Congrats to you and your journey! Let's help each other stick with it!... ugh I'm at 194 as of today... goal is 160ish
  • amks3818
    amks3818 Posts: 46 Member
    I am in the same boat. I lost a little over 40 lbs and then got pregnant. Now that my little man is 5 months old I am back to working at losing the baby weight I gained. I have 12 more lbs to get back to prepregnacy weight but then about another 50 to get to where I want to be. Feel free to add me for motivation and support!
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    I'll probably send a few friend requests to you guys :) I lost 100 pounds around 2008 and I've kept it off. I've always had around 15-30 pounds left I wanted to lose and never do. I do fluctuate but only by about 5 pounds - if I get higher than that I seem to be able to drop it pretty quickly but I'm always stuck where I am. Yes, I'm still overweight so I'm not just being vain etc. I work out 5-6 days a week, running, weight lifting, spinning, whatever I can do but I get caught up in wine two days a week and sometimes occasional junk at work.
  • LC8304
    Wow great job losing that large amount and keeping it off! That is amazing!! Let's all help each other!!!
  • CrabbyCancerMama
    CrabbyCancerMama Posts: 95 Member
    I sent you a request. I lost 90lbs after I had my son on 2011 but gained some back. since last Jan I've lost 85lbs. I'd still like to.lose another 25lbs
  • LC8304
    Woo hoo! Way to go Stacy!! Nice to meet you! Let's help motivate each other...
  • mduttlinger
    mduttlinger Posts: 7 Member
    Hey ladies! I'm turning 31 this year and have about 70-80 lbs to lose. I have an amazing ability to lose 60lbs in 9 months and then gain it back in a month... so annoying. I'd love the support and accountability to help me not repeat that again this year.
  • syrenzcall
    syrenzcall Posts: 9 Member

Hello! I am 32 and have around 65 pounds to loose. I lost 35 pound 3 years ago, but gained it back (and some) after a breakup. I need to loose the weight for health reason and to keep up with my 10 mo. nephew!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    edited February 2017
    :smile: I did the same thing! In 2013 I started at 192, got down to between 140-145 by the following November, felt amazing, and maintained until late last spring, whereupon I gained 30 of it back. (I did a LOT of stress eating and was really too tired to care.) I am keeping calories under my limit, weighing my food again, lifting when I can, and walking a LOT. I just started an new position and my hours vary so I am trying to get into a routine. FR me if you like.
  • hamsammy67
    hamsammy67 Posts: 9 Member
    I love everybody's motivation! I went through a painful separation in 2013 and lost more than 30 lbs over a very short time (couldn't eat, ran a TON to forget, was in a deep depression). Not good on a 5'1 frame. I was skeletal. Well, happy to say that I found love again, got engaged in the summer, and am up 50 lbs (happy weight? lol). We both love to do outdoor activities and I am tired of feeling the pain in my joints from the extra weight. I'd like to lose 20-25 lbs so that I am back to a healthful weight (and so that I can fit into some of the cute outdoorsy clothes I bought a couple years ago!)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Me too! I've been beating myself up for back sliding again. I was 15 lbs away from my goal weight in 2013, then slowly over the next few years slipped back into my old habits and am right back at the starting line yet again. I'm just over 2 weeks back into things but have a long road ahead with about 65 lbs to lose.
    Had a huge pity party week last week as I was overwhelmed with this big, long, task ahead but reminded myself to just look one day at a time so Im a bit more optimistic and less emotional this week. Could also use some like minded friends as many of my old friends from this site are no longer logging in.
  • woodwardtm
    woodwardtm Posts: 361 Member
    edited February 2017
    I have also started over this year. I gained back all I had lost in 2013. Life made a drastic change for me but I only blame myself. I started eating whatever/whenever and I was injured and couldn't run. I gained it by myself and need to lose it again. I do not have the desire to lose as much this time so about 15-20 lbs. would do it. Welcome back, everyone.
    PS: also from Pennsylvania.
  • LC8304
    Well it is good to know where have all done it once, which means we CAN do it again. It seems we all have a slight issue with motivation and continuing to keep it going. Let's make a small pact to motivate each other and be here anytime someone is feeling that lack of. I know how easy it is to "give up." I do NOT want to quit this time. I want my body back... my health... my confidence... my happiness.

I have a total of about 35lbs to lose, which from my 50+ I lost before, 35 should be easy!! (yeah right!) lol
  • mduttlinger
    mduttlinger Posts: 7 Member
    I'd like to know what sort of plan everyone is following, that way we can add and follow folks doing something similar. I am trying to be ketogenic, or high fat, moderate protein and low carb. Sometimes I need ideas in meal planning. Scrambled eggs are my go to, but that gets boring quickly. Thoughts?
  • shenitamo
    shenitamo Posts: 147 Member
    Hey all! Such the pattern for us all, right? I am a former college athlete and coach that has fluctuated post-injuries and life events. I am ALL about making it a lifestyle now and not a diet. Let's all help motivate each other to stay on track and get back at it when we hit a bump.
    Cheers to OUR success!
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Happy Saturday!! This thread makes me feel so much less alone. started on MFP several years ago, then life got in the way and fell off. I have always been a really crazy work-aholic with bad eating habits, but managed to keep my weight pretty stable through activity. Then made a major life change this fall with a resignation and decision to take some time to really decide what I want the last 15 years or so of my career to look like. along the way I have started trying to get healthier and regain the strength and health I had prior. not trying to lose a lot of weight, but get back into regular work outs and better eating habits. Trying to make sure that i am positioned for a long and healthy life and retirement. Cold really use some friends to help encourage and support each other through this journey.