Working third shift

Options
I curious how people track their calories working overnights. I've been tracking midnight to midnight but a girlfriend tracks hers from when she wakes up til bedtime. I'm looking to tone up and drop 15 pounds by 6.1.17 and need some good advice. I just started a hybrid workout of jillian michaels body revolution and step 1 ifit card on the treadmill.

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter it's all a law of averages. What ever works best for you.
  • jrowden0711
    jrowden0711 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I track the same way as your gf. My day starts when I get up and ends when I finally go to sleep. It just made sense for me to do it this way.
  • valeria3984
    valeria3984 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey! I track from when I wake up (8pm) till I go to sleep (2pm-??). But I don't start logging until midnight, if that makes sense.

Also, since weekends are normal for me, sometimes that screws me up but I do the best I can lol.
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I work nights and have found it's easier to log from when i get up until i go to sleep that way i done get messed up with logging at the weekends .
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I set my Diary up in 4 hour blocks from midnight to midnight so it's not about what "meal" it is, it's about what time it is.

lnhtt58t4kyu.jpg
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I work a conbo of 12hr day shifts and 12hr night shifts and just log them both the same, from when I get up to when I go to bed.
  • peterbuller8
    peterbuller8 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    bodyByBex i never thought of that but it makes perfect sense i think ill give it a go to