Starting again - looking for friends

Options
Hi all - I'm Ashley, I'm 29yo and I'm an Aerospace Engineer for NASA -- so I tend to like to work my brain more than my body.

I'm short at only 5 foot and fairly introverted, so going to the gym is all kinds of unappealing to me.

I'm looking for ways to loose weight and get fit that I can do at home in my own time and head space.

As a teen I averaged about 125lb, in college I was actually pretty depressed for a while and dropped to 115lb, but after graduation the weight just started creeping up on me. At one point I got to 140 and felt bad for it so I did MFP and the "insanity" work out, and successfully got back to 125 again, but at the time my work hours were different and I walked more at work. Now I'm pretty tied to my desk for 10 hours a day, with 3 hours of driving to and from work and the weight is back with avengance.

I'm up to 153, and being short, I feel very big ATM and am really lacking energy. (My wedding ring won't even fit ;( and that bothers me a lot)

I'd like to get back to 125, I know it will be long and hard (boy do I love sugar) but I think I can do it! Anyone want to join me??

Replies

• laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have about 100 lbs to lose... Mom of 2 working full time!
  • jamierobinson12
    jamierobinson12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Ashley I'm an aerospace engineer as well I work for rolls royce. Feel free to add me hopefully some of the stuff I post will help keep you motivated
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Add me, and anyone else :) i'm 5'3 and i got to a 165 pounds at one point too... been struggling a long time. So i completely understand what you're going through.