Protein!!!

Options
PT wants me eating lots of protein, but I hate eggs. Other than meats, what is a good option that won't send me over in calories?

Replies

• jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Seitan, tofu, Greek yogurt, protein shakes....just have to get creative and find things you like. :)
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    low fat/fat free greek yogurt
    cottage cheese
    shrimp
    beans and lentils
    quinoa
    milk
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I do pretty standard stuff for protein.

Greek yogurt, Chicken (or meats and fish in general), cottage cheese, raw almonds/nuts (usually in my Greek yogurt), beans (high fiber too). Love pork rinds for protein and no carbs, just watch the fats.
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    depends what 'over' in calories means - I usually have enough left for a 220cal, 22g protein grenade bar after a hard workout.
    sorry but for me it has to be chicken and salmon, with sardine and mackerel. fish rather than meat maybe?
    nuts and seeds have too high a calorie content for regular use for me, but I make an oaty bar thing with seeds, nuts and condensed milk which has lasted for months and is good for a 5-6g protein boost every now and again

erm am sure other peeps will have tonnes more ideas :)
  • Spartan_Gingi
    Spartan_Gingi Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You could do a Vega protein powder shake. I have to do one daily to make sure I'm getting enough protein. String cheese, chicken, almonds....
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    My go to's: chicken, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, nuts, protein powder, tuna

Now that I see that list I think I need to branch out :/
  • mjffey
    mjffey Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    pea protein, hemp protein. You can put it in almost anything. 10gr of pea protein powder gives you 8.2 gr protein against 35 kcal.
  • FoxyMars25
    FoxyMars25 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I also want to bump up my protein so for breakfast today, I mixed a scoop of pina colada protein powder with 115 g plain greek yogurt and it was really good! Just make sure you use a protein powder you like the taste of. I also had two hard boiled eggs (only one yolk) and that came out to 40 grams of protein total for 269 calories. Just the yogurt/protein powder was about 31 grams of the protein.
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Protein drinks.
    You may want to try white fish.
  • LateWinterWolf90
    LateWinterWolf90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Tinned Tuna
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    shrimp! 4oz of raw shrimp is like 22g of protein
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    PT wants me eating lots of protein,
    Why, and what's lots?
    but I hate eggs. Other than meats, what is a good option
    Protein shakes is the obvious answer. But lots of food has protein. Fish, dairy, nuts, legumes, grains, vegetables.
    that won't send me over in calories?
    If you increase protein intake, you have to reduce fat and/or carbs to avoid getting in more calories.