Over Night Chocolate Rolled Oats

Options
ajaysharma316
ajaysharma316 Posts: 104 Member
Rolled Oats are one of the healthiest post workout breakfasts. And it is always awesome that you don’t have to cook your breakfast after your workout and this recipe is just that. You just make this recipe a night before and just eat it in the morning and I’m sure it will be most delicious form of oats you would have ever eaten.
20160801_124401.jpg?zoom=1.100000023841858&w=810

For Recipe Click the Link Below
eatburnrepeat.com/over-night-chocolate-rolled-oats/

Replies

• jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My kids love overnight oats. I still can't seem to like it. I prefer baked oatmeal if I am doing that...or cookies. Lol I will try this recipe for my kids, though. :)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    My kids love overnight oats. I still can't seem to like it. I prefer baked oatmeal if I am doing that...or cookies. Lol I will try this recipe for my kids, though. :)
    Same here, not a fan of how extra goopy they are!

But still sounds delicious :smile:
  • aki619
    aki619 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm obsessed with overnight oats. Just the fact that I don't have to cook or clean up anything in the morning before I go to work is attractive to me, but I love that they can be customized for various preferences.
  • ajaysharma316
    Options
    aki619 wrote: »
    I'm obsessed with overnight oats. Just the fact that I don't have to cook or clean up anything in the morning before I go to work is attractive to me, but I love that they can be customized for various preferences.

I love em also for the very fact that its all ready in morning and I dont have to wait for it to get ready and yes not cleaning is an extra bonus
  • lyssasm
    lyssasm Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just recently got into overnight oats. I too don't like the goopiness, and the fact that they really just don't taste "cooked." But it is awesome how much you can customize them, and I love that I can make multiple batches of multiple flavors at one time and just jar them up.
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    That looks AMAZING !
  • ajaysharma316
    Options
    That looks AMAZING !

thanks
  • grammageegee
    grammageegee Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing, but on a 1200 calorie budget, 479 calories seems rather high, no?? Maybe a good one to be saved for maintenance.
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing, but on a 1200 calorie budget, 479 calories seems rather high, no?? Maybe a good one to be saved for maintenance.
    You can just split it into more servings. I use these recipes, but consider the "base" to be 2 breakfasts, not 1.
    http://wholefully.com/2016/03/07/8-classic-overnight-oats-recipes-you-should-try/?m
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I sweeten with stevia to save the sugar calories. :) I'm happy to spend calories on chocolate chips, or cream cheese, but am trying to get away from adding sugar where I can.
  • ajaysharma316
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »
    Oh, and I sweeten with stevia to save the sugar calories. :) I'm happy to spend calories on chocolate chips, or cream cheese, but am trying to get away from adding sugar where I can.

yes stevia is a great option to save the sugar calories.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I love over night oats and tend to sweeten mine with baobab powder for the fibre and micros.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Total overnight oats addict - my favorite use the new So Delicious Unsweetened Vanilla Coconut milk yogurt (best thing every since I just can't seem to acquire a taste for plain greek yogurt and can't find an unsweetened vanilla version) and blueberries. I don't add sweeteners - lots of cinnamon and good vanilla are enough with the berries. Since I lose some protein from the yogurt I add chia seeds and a half scoop of vanilla protein powder (Slimquick Pure has less than a gram of sugar per scoop).
    Base recipe is:
    1/3 c old fashioned oats (not the quick kind)
    1 TB chia seeds
    1/4 c yogurt (unsweetened is key here)
    1/4 c milk of choice (again unsweetened)

From there add whatever you want - I always add cinnamon and my faves are 1/2 cup blueberries, 2 tb unsalted toasted nuts, and some protein powder.