Tightening skin without

Options
Hello I have lost 175 pounds and suffer with a lot of loose skin and I was wondering for those who didn't get surgery how'd you tighten up your loose skin? I heard of you mox Castor Oil and Lemon juice together it'll tighten your skin in a couple of weeks and Lavender oil and lemon juice would also work? Is it worth trying? I thought it'll be easier to go on here and ask so I don't waste money

Replies

• J3nnyBeanz
    J3nnyBeanz Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Lavender and lemon oil are great for the skin. Idk if it's a long lasting remedy. I was told to try Shea Butter and coconut oil.
  • ShinySkyShaymin1994
    Options
    mvspenny wrote: »
    Lavender and lemon oil are great for the skin. Idk if it's a long lasting remedy. I was told to try Shea Butter and coconut oil.

Did that tighten your skin? My brother uses Shea butter for eczema and I tried it for mine but bought fake Shea butter
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Skin is an organ and NO TOPICAL will shrink it's mass. You can wait up to 2 years to see if the skin retracts enough, but if by then it hasn't, then your options are acceptance or surgery.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Agreed. My skin is also loose (and I've never been overweight!) Coconut oil improves the appearance but basically doesn't change the overall appearance. It may tighten over a period of time if you're young - my skin snapped back after my first baby but 15 years down the line when I had babies 2 and 3,I was left with a lot of loose flesh on my stomach.
  • ShinySkyShaymin1994
    Options
    Skin is an organ and NO TOPICAL will shrink it's mass. You can wait up to 2 years to see if the skin retracts enough, but if by then it hasn't, then your options are acceptance or surgery.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Someone I know claims her friend lost lose skin on her own without surgery after weight loss. So I think it's possible
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Lots of factors including how long you've been overweight, how much you were overweight and your age. Younger skin does retract more than older skin. I was a yo-yo dieter for years - gaining and losing the same 15-25 pounds. I never had much lose skin because it seemed like I had "skin memory" and it would snap back when I'd lose the weight. However, now that I'm older I do have some lose skin in my stomach area and no amount of crunches or shea butter is going to help that.
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

This.

And most of those essential oils are pretty worthless, and many are actually quite irritating to your skin.
    http://www.paulaschoice.com/cosmetic-ingredient-dictionary/definition/lavender-extract-and-oil
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm 66 and have been blessed genetically w/highly elastic skin, which still causes me to look much younger than my chronological age.

Nonetheless, we all sag and wrinkle as we age and, after losing 36# this time around, I was left w/some unsightly (to me) loose lower ab skin.

FWIW, as an experiment, I've been using Retinol for the past 2 months on my loose lower ab skin w/no apparent results.

Oddly, the loose ab skin is mainly noticeable when I tighten my ab muscles and virtually disappears when I relax them. Go figure . . .
  • Domomallow
    Domomallow Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have wondered this myself, since I have over a hundred pounds to lose.
    The general consensus that I have gathered is that drinking a lot of water and strength training are the best things you can do.
    Water re-hydrates the body- the skin is an organ and requires water to heal itself.
    Strength training helps build muscle to fill the void all of that fat left behind, it basically fills in the loose skin.

It was also a popular theme that, perhaps it isn't just skin you have. An interesting read offered the suggestion that you should pull the skin on your eyelid or on the back of your hand and take note of the thin nature. These locations hold little to no fat and are mostly just skin.
    Now grab the 'loose skin' on your abdomen or other problem areas. Does this feel thicker, or have an underlying texture? Their claim is that this isn't just loose skin usually, and that more work just needs to be done to lose the fat that is hanging out there.

I'm no doctor. This is just what I have gotten from researching the topic on my own.