17 day diet

Options
FairyMiss
FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
okay trying to get as much off before my cruise in about two months

was wondering about this to give a bit of a rejump start.

impressions??? what is it like, what does it consist of??

Replies

• chantel111184
    chantel111184 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    It consists of 4 17 day cycles the first cycle is where most people lose the most weight as there are no carbs.

I really enjoyed it i manage 10 days and lost 6lbs but you have to follow to the letter for the best results and i wasn't ready to dedicate myself but am going to try it again in 2 weeks, as i am now more focused and ready.

Check out this thread alot of people doing the 17 day diet, really is good i tryed it just wasn't able to stick to it but many people have followed the plan and have lost weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/279777-the-17-day-diet?hl=17+day+diet&page=4#posts-3811464

Hope this helps.
  • Jeterfan2
    Jeterfan2 Posts: 15
    Options
    I love it, its easy to follow and you get results .. i am on it right now and was able to loose 12 lbs in the first 17 days. My sister n law is also doing it and she has lost 16 in the first 17 .. she is at a total lost of 17 and im at 22 in the second cycle.. depending on how much weight you need to loose this is a great diet and i love it and would recommend it to anyone.. good luck
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I have known some co workers to do it. They did lose weight but did not keep it off.
  • pmorgan813
    pmorgan813 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    That was what gave me my jump start to losing weight. I was only on it for 10 days before I went on vacation and just couldn't keep it up but in that 12 days I had lost 10lbs. The first cycle you get unlimited lean protein, chicken, turkey, and some fish and eggs in moderation. In addition you get unlimited "cleansing" vegetables, ie. carrots, celery, lettuce, peppers, cucumbers, cauliflower, cabbage, etc. You eat 2 probiotics a day, so Yakult, BioKefir, or live active culture yogurt. And 2 low sugar fruits a day, ie apples, berries of any kind, grapefruit, red grapes, oranges. Also allowed is 1 good fat - olive oil (2 Tbsp/day) It suggests you drink green tea with every meal/snack and also that you drink 8oz of warm water with a half a lemon squeezed in first thing in the morning. For best results you do need to put in approx. 17 min of exercise daily. Also, condiments are ok in moderation, and its suggested that you keep them to fat free items. So fat free salad dressing, sour cream, cheese, etc. Salsa is ok, low sugar ketchup, mustard, marinara stuff like that but all in moderation. And water is uber important on it, get in your 8 a day. I found it very easy to follow as it really did allow for a lot of choices, especially since you can use condiments, just be careful not to go overboard on them. The second cycle adds in good carbs, like potatoes, oatmeal, grits, etc. You're limited to like 1 a day (going from memory, don't have the book with me) and you alternate cycle 1 with cycle 2 menus. So day one you're on cycle 2 menu, day 2 cycle 1, day 3 cycle 2, etc. Didn't read much past that so can't help with cycle 3 - cycle 4 is maintaining. The cycle one is really a cleansing sort of thing, so it dumps a lot of water weight and flushes your body of junk built up from all the fast food, sodas, etc. I found the book at Borders but I know a lot of people ordered it from the website to get the 17 min workout dvd with it. I didn't want to wait. After my 10 days on it, I was inspired to keep eating healthy but not as strict.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    thanks for all the information , might see if books a million has it. if not there is always kindle, i am pretty low on my Supplies at the house so might try it. not sure yet.
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    thanks for all the information , might see if books a million has it. if not there is always kindle, i am pretty low on my Supplies at the house so might try it. not sure yet.