Heart Rate Monitors

Options
Can anyone recommend a good heart rate monitor that is not too expensive?

Replies

• Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    A lot of people like the Polar FT4. It's not too pricey. I have the Polar FT7 and I love it. It was more expensive than the FT4, but sooooooo worth it. It's accurate and I can wear it while swimming. Definitely worth the investment.
  • eoisom
    eoisom Posts: 14
    Options
    PolarFT4....I love mine and it's reasonably prices. Under $100. Easy to use and very accurate!
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of getting one so I'd like to know this too. Also, I've seen some that go on your wrist like a watch and some that strap to your chest. I'd rather the watch model but are they as accurate?
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4 and I LOVE it! I wear it for working out and yesterday I used it when I went swimming. It worked perfectly! Check Amazon! :-) Its totally worth the money......
  • jmijaressf
    jmijaressf Posts: 215
    Options
    Polar is the best when it comes to accurate and inexpensive HRMs. I recommend the FT series as well.
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I own a F4 and F6. I like the F6 more by far:)
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of getting one so I'd like to know this too. Also, I've seen some that go on your wrist like a watch and some that strap to your chest. I'd rather the watch model but are they as accurate?

The watch only models are not accurate at all. You need one that has both a chest strap and watch.

A lot of people(including myself) are Polar fans. You can get the Ft4 for a pretty reasonable price on amazon.. I think its like 58 something shipped right now.

I personally have the Polar FT7 and like it a lot. Very easy to use and set up.

Steer clear of TImex... the calorie counts on those are through the roof!

Also read this blog post by another user on the site.. it will explain what you need to look for when getting an HRM and how to use it properly.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • rainbowbuggy
    rainbowbuggy Posts: 320
    Options

Polar FT4 has both - watch and chest strap. I wouldn't trust just the watch alone.
  • Kee315
    Kee315 Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your feedback!