Going back fat

Options
I know this sounds mad.but I've been off work for 4 months with bad health. I'm now returning to work fat! I've gone from 130 lbs to 149lbs and feel enormous. I'm dreading the comments of the women I work with. Am I being ' soft', my health is better but I'm awaiting surgery. How should I handle it, my confidence is rock bottom.

Replies

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Where do you work that your co-workers feel entitled to comment on your weight? That's really none of their business and quite immature and catty.

I suppose I'd try to play it off as having lived the good life too long (even though you weren't, what with the health issues and all), shrug and move on. If they know it bothers you they'll be that much more likely to harp on it. I hope your upcoming surgery goes well.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    That doesn't sound mad. It sounds ... normal? You had a rough patch and it affected your weight. And you work with some jerks. That's all pretty unfortunate, but it's not the end of the world. Forgive yourself and move on. It doesn't matter what anyone else says, especially the kind of emotional parasites who feed off of other people's misery by making snarky remarks about people in situations like yours. As I tell my children, when a cow says "Moo," it has nothing to do with you. Ignore the cows.

my god... this is genius.
  • scarlet67
    scarlet67 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind comments, I'm going in shoulders back and if anyone comments I'm just going to move on !! Thanks again ladies. :blush:
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure that most people would notice a 15% change in weight if they haven't seen someone for a while. Even if they do, my experience has been that most people don't say anything about people gaining weight, only when they lose weight.
  • Docbanana2002
    Docbanana2002 Posts: 357 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Your "fat weight" is the same as my "skinny weight" after 117 pounds of weight loss!! :) I seriously doubt someone would negatively comment about the gain but if they do then they are jerks.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    As I tell my children, when a cow says "Moo," it has nothing to do with you. Ignore the cows.

Why, thank you, @rainbowbow .
  • coleg04
    coleg04 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound mad. It sounds ... normal. You had a rough patch and it affected your weight. And you work with some jerks. That's all pretty unfortunate, but it's not the end of the world. Forgive yourself and move on. It doesn't matter what anyone else says, especially the kind of emotional parasites who feed off of other people's misery by making snarky remarks about people in situations like yours. As I tell my children, when a cow says "Moo," it has nothing to do with you. Ignore the cows.

My thoughts exactly!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    As I tell my children, when a cow says "Moo," it has nothing to do with you. Ignore the cows.

Why, thank you, @rainbowbow .

Can I steal this and use it with my daughters?? Holy moly. What a great saying.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Can I steal this and use it with my daughters?? Holy moly. What a great saying.

Of course, @girlwithcurls2 ! The thought that it may help your daughters makes my day.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    You've been ill. That would put a stick in anyone's spokes. Anyone who comments on your gain should be tied to a bed and force-fed lard until they put on twice the weight you did.

You have every reason to feel confident. After all, you lost the weight once before. You know how it's done, and you can do it again!
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Yup. Happened to me after an injury. One of my "friends" literally referred to me as fat, although I had only a 10 pound weight gain. I really just ignored any negative comments.