Question about updating my profile

Options
Now that I've been doing this for a few weeks, I have a history of calorie tracking and incremental weight loss. When I go to "update profile" to enter my current weight, does MFP use my historical data to recompute my caloric needs?

The reason I ask is that I have been losing weight a bit faster than my stated 1 lb per week goal. And the last time I entered my weight, my net calories per day actually increased by 10. Is it trying to get me to "slow down" my weight loss based on my historical data, or is this just a quirk of the current settings that it went up by 10 calories?

Thanks!

Replies

• laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I do not think so.. I think its based on your How many lbs per week and your activity level.
  • cchhiipp22
    cchhiipp22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If that's the case, it does make me curious how I could lose a pound and have my net calories/day increase by 10.

Obviously it's a minor change. Just makes me wonder about the math behind the calculations.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    It happens. You can manually change the data back to the macros and cal goal you want.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    cchhiipp22 wrote: »
    If that's the case, it does make me curious how I could lose a pound and have my net calories/day increase by 10.

Obviously it's a minor change. Just makes me wonder about the math behind the calculations.

Did you run your guided goals on different platforms, such as the web version then the mobile app? The one-pound difference in current weight (if that was the only different data point) should not make a huge difference in target Calories; but I think MFP normally rounds the Calorie goal to the nearest 10 Cals. Possibly, the web version rounds down and the mobile app rounds up, or vice versa. Who knows?
  • cchhiipp22
    cchhiipp22 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yeah, maybe that's it. I use both the web page and the app interchangeably, so who knows which one I entered my weight on.