Question about food....

Options
Ashley2733
Ashley2733 Posts: 56 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So I made black bean and chicken quesadillas last night, I only made 1 for dinner. Well I made some so I could take to work today and tomorrow, but I have an odd question, when I made the ones to take to work i measured everything times 4 and put it in the pan to make it, now my question is, when I made them since I made 4 servings how do I know it's the same calorie count as the single one I made ? I hope that makes sense.... I feel like I'm over estimating on how many calories it is so I don't go over but after eating it and working out, I feel like I haven't ate anything and this is the first time in almost a week I've felt like this.

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    If you made 4x the first one.. then the four will equal 4 servings. They may not each be exactly the same as the one, but if you're going to eat them all, it will even out by the time you're done with them.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    One quesadilla won't necessarily have exactly the same calorie count as another one. But if you're planning to eat all of the them over the next couple of days, your total calorie intake from those 4 quesadillas will be equal to the total number of calories for the entire recipe. So in the big picture, it doesn't really matter. Make sense?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You're eating all the calories eventually. It doesn't matter.
  • Ashley2733
    Ashley2733 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow I think I was totally over thinking it lol. I've never counted calories before and I think im over thinking a lot of it, trying to meet my calorie goal. Thank you everyone for the replies!!
  • jasminelace
    jasminelace Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Your appetite may be decreasing, or you're not getting enough of a vitamin/mineral/protein etc. your body needs. So your body wants you to eat to get it. A simple snack that won't hurt your calories and should ease the hunger-a celery stalk (or two) w/a laughing cow cheese wedge (50 calories). Don't like celery? Try a whole apple or half dipped in a lil peanut butter.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    It's helped me to look at a weekly average rather than the daily goal alone. I usually eat a bit under my goal most days, then have a day or two that I go over. My weekly average stays just under my goal calories. It helps to keep in mind that CICO (Calories in, Calories out) doesn't reset at midnight. It's a flow over a longer period of time. You don't gain a pound as soon as you hit 3500c over maintenance and it doesn't come off the instant you've gone under.
  • NEOHgirl
    NEOHgirl Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'd put all of the ingredients, with full measurements, into the recipe builder, then enter it as 5 servings. Each quesadilla is then one serving, and that is how you track it. As someone else stated, each serving might be slightly different, but by the time you are done, your tracking will be accurate overall. Yes, you were overthinking it, but you will learn ways to make it easier - keep at it, and good luck!