Hate water

Options
I have tried every trick in the book fruit drops, flavored water, bottled water, bubbly water, I have even prayed to the water Godess and I literally hate drinking it! I'm from Texas so my love of Dr Pepper burns hotter than the sun! I think it stems from my days in boot camp and I had to drink water from a nasty tasting canteen every moment of every day! I know that if I cut the DP like I did in boot camp, I will definitely lose weight. And I'm not one of these type of people that can just cut down. It's all or nothing. Any more tips to like water or at least make it bearable would be appreciated

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    Options
    Can you do Diet Dr Pepper? I love me that stuff!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Have you tried that 10 calorie DP? Dr. Pepper will hydrate just as well as plain water.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    My trick is to fill a super sized coffee mug with a tea bag and hot water. I seem to drink more with the tea flavor than just plain water. I reuse the same teabag about 3-4 refills of hot water. I also drink a lot of coffee.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I live on Diet Dr Pepper, as well. I rarely drink plain water.. when I do, it has to be the bottled "drinking water" at 88cents a gallon and ice cold. You do not have to "drink eight glasses of water a day."
  • BrunetteRunner87
    BrunetteRunner87 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I know you said you've tried flavors and drops but so have I and that didn't do the trick for me but I started putting Nuun tablets in my water and now it's tolerable for me to drink.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I hate water as well. I fill a water bottle on my desk with the bottled big thing of water st work, and try to drink it in s day or two. It's about 4 cups. I drink when I'm thirsty. The only time I've like water in my memory was visiting NYC this past summer. The water out of the tap was delicious. I loved it. I was told it doesn't go through a treatment plant. It had flavor was wasn't flat and dead.
  • mrskcreations
    mrskcreations Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I hated the taste of water for a long time, and still do.
    What I do is set time limits. I have my morning coffee and shake, then from 9-11 I drink one 16oz bottle of water, then again from 1-3, 3-5, and 7-9. In between those times I can drink what I want. It helps me to just set a goal and get it down. Seeing the empty containers gets me excited for some odd reason, I feel like I've completed my goal and I can drink what I want then.
    I do drink green tea with 1/2 tsp of stevia in the afternoon. That helps a lot too.
  • Kawluu
    Kawluu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! What helped me is buying a brita filtered water bottle! Makes it taste you nothing :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    "Hate Water" sounds like a punk rock energy drink...
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I used to hate water, but I forced myself to drink it anyway, now I like it...not more than my coffee mind you...lol
  • younique80s
    younique80s Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I drink it with a straw..goes down faster. Lol
  • demorelli
    demorelli Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're pushing it too much. Maybe fix yourself one 8oz glass of water or tea and sip on it through the day between your Dr peppers. Then when it gets easier to make it through one, go for two. Just be thankful you're from Texas and not next door in New Mexico it's so dry here you wouldn't survive without water lol. I love soda but I find it kind of dehydrating for some reason
  • catluvgal
    catluvgal Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with an aversion to water. It rarely tastes good out of a tap. I'm so grateful my office supplies bottled water, coffee, tea and La Croix! Give the canned La Croix a try if you have not yet. Happy hydrating!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've never understood "hating water" (in my mind it's not something that needs a preference judgement either way), but I don't need to understand to know that drinking Dr Pepper would hydrate you just as well if that's what you are used to. You don't need to drink water if you don't like it. Very low calorie drinks as well as increased fruit and vegetable consumption should be enough.