Fitness Tracker with Heart Rate - SMALL

Options
I used a FitBit One for awhile. But I've lost numerous ones. I want to upgrade to one with heart rate monitoring. My husband has the Charge2 but it is so bulky.
I wish the FitBit Alta did heart rate monitoring.
I'm considering the Jawbone UP3.
Does anyone have feedback/thoughts/suggestions?

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    What do you want to get from the heart rate tracking?
  • gabwas
    gabwas Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    accuate calorie counts and idea of resting heart rate/fitness level
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Accurate calorie counts for what? Running? Cycling? Walking? Watching TV?
  • Jules_farmgirl
    Jules_farmgirl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have the Blaze, it is bigger than the Charge 2 but truly just looks like a watch. No different than someone wearing a Nixon watch or something like that. I wear it 24/7 unless I am swimming (not water proof). I found that after a month of solidly wearing it, it has gotten very accurate in my daily TDEE. Im not saying it is "medically accurate" and a chest strap during cardio would be better, but for me, this has done exactly what I needed to get the results I am after with my weight loss and health.
  • gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty happy with my Garmin VivoSmart HR+. It's waterproof, but I take it off for showers to charge it. Like the other wrist based HRM, it's not medically accurate. The 1 time I compared it to my Garmin Forerunner 305 with the chest strap, it was pretty close while I was doing a T25 workout.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    gabwas wrote: »
    I used a FitBit One for awhile. But I've lost numerous ones. I want to upgrade to one with heart rate monitoring. My husband has the Charge2 but it is so bulky.

My daughter got one of these for Christmas
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Activity-Trackers/Original-Xiaomi-Bracelet-Pedometer-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Wristband/B01H5447Y8/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1486034306&sr=1-1&keywords=Ollivan+Original+Xiaomi+Mi+Band+2+Smart+Band+Bracelet+With+OLED

It does everything my friends FitBit does, and costs a hell of a lot less. It syncs to an app on her phone so she can see all her steps/sleep/calories etc and manage the watch settings (steps/cals etc can be seen on the watch too).

It even vibrates when her phone rings/gets a message/has an alarm.

Ive never been that interested in a fitness watch but am very tempted to pick one of these up myself as I am so impressed with it.

Incidentally, it is pretty small, not bulky at all - she is 12 and it fits her very discretely.
  • ddeliciosa
    ddeliciosa Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge 2, but in a teal color. I think having a colored one really offsets the big black band look to it. I also tend to wear it a little higher than right at my wrist, which I think makes it appear smaller? I dunno. I didn't think it looked too bulky to begin with though
  • not_a_runner
    not_a_runner Posts: 1,343 Member
    Options
    I thought the Charge 2 was very similar in size to the Alta. (I don't have both to compare side by side, but from what I remember from wearing the Alta it's very similar) The Charge 2 is a wee bit thicker because of the HRM, but I think you're going to find some thick/"bulkiness" with any model or brand that has HR function.
    (Looking at the Jawbone, they also appear to have that "bulkier" look on top when you see a side view of the screen.)
    I haven't had any problems with the Charge 2. I've tried several different models of Fitbits and it's my favorite by far.
  • KatzeDerNacht22
    KatzeDerNacht22 Posts: 200 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    @samhennings

I am getting one of those, I don't really wish to spend soooo much and for what I will use it, that one seems pretty good,I've read and watched reviews as well, it seems to be the best buy for that price range.

• xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    gabwas wrote: »

I use the Polar A360. It is both wrist based and heart rate based tracker. I usually just wear the bracelet on its own during the day (wrist based tracking) and when I go to the gym, I use the heart/chest strap for more accurate reading of my calories burned.

Hope that helps :)
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @samhennings

I am getting one of those, I don't really wish to spend soooo much and for what I will use it, that one seems pretty good,I've read and watched reviews as well, it seems to be the best buy for that price range.

I only have experience of my daughters since Christmas, but so far I am very impressed.

Was showing it to a Chinese friend of mine, comparing it to his Fitbit. He was saying "does it do this? or this?" and the answer was always yes. And then I showed him the add, until then he had assumed it was a cheap knock off type thing, then he saw the manufacturer. Apparently they are a huge company in China with a great reputation, a little like Huawei in the mobile sector. They are quality, and only cheap here because they arent known yet outside of China.

He was gutted, paid over £100 for his fitbit :D