Looking for breastfeeding moms

Options
Hi everyone!
I'm 25 and just had my second baby a month ago. After adjusting to life with a 3 year old and a newborn I'm now ready to get my health back on track and I'm in need of friends to help motivate me and help with recipe ideas. I'm specifically looking for other breastfeeding moms since our calorie needs are different.

I have thankfully lost the baby weight and weigh 174 (I gained about 25 pounds this pregnancy). I would love to get back down to what I weighed when I got married 6 years ago, 140, but I most importantly want to lose inches. Gaining muscle is always a plus too. :)

Please add me and help keep me on target!

Replies

• kboard25
    kboard25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding & have a 5month old. I'll add you.
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a 13 mo old and she's still nursing a couple times a day.

I'm going to add both of you!
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I hope you all don't mind if I add each of you! I'm 25 and am breastfeeding my first baby. He'll be 6 weeks old on Monday
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have two children as well, a 3 year old and I am nursing my almost 1 year old.

I love skinnytaste.com for easy, tasty and nutritious recipes, as well as cooking and buying in bulk to freeze when I don't have time to cook or go shopping. I will typically make a huge batch of soup or stew, and freeze it in portions for those hectic nights. If you have some time, you can even meal prep snacks on the weekend.. cutting up fruit, veggies, boiling eggs, portioning nuts and crackers are kinds of things I would do.
  • SarahAnaruk
    SarahAnaruk Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Breastfeeding my little guy! Two weeks old today! Just focusing on eating well right now but hoping to lose for good this time since our family is complete.
  • vitalflame
    vitalflame Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    me too, 47, have 5 month old and working full time/pumping/breastfeeding.
  • NDchick86
    NDchick86 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I reached my nursing goal of one year and allowing baby to self wean! He is down to about 2-3 times a day so now my focus is on losing weight and getting in shape! Would love for you to add me as a friend and anyone else who is active on this app!
  • hollinsvbgirl
    hollinsvbgirl Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey mommas! First time nursing mom here. My son will be 11 months old on the 29th. He is still nursing but as his first birthday approaches, I know I have to get back on track and stop eating as much. I'm working full time and still pumping full time, but plan to stop pumping at 1 year and let him self wean. I would love to make mom friends here for motivation and accountability.
  • mamabear11021
    mamabear11021 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    31 yr old working mom. I have a 2 year old who weaned herself off at 11 months, and recently had twins 3 months ago. I am exclusively nursing both babies and pumping at work. I just started back at work in December.
  • pamelamrowe91
    pamelamrowe91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I feel stupid lol. But how do I send a friend request? When I click on everyone's name there's no option?
  • kalosflores
    kalosflores Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Heyy. First time ebf mummy :)
    Everyone said the weight would drop off with breastfeeding but it didn't so I'm trying to lose all the weight I put on and more. Little one is 9 months
  • iwnt2bamilf
    iwnt2bamilf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Will y'all add me ? I can't figure out how to add. Im 30 , mother of 2. Ebf and pumping .
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'd love to add you! 29 yro first time mama, nursing my 5 mo old
  • KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I'm also having a hard time adding friends! MFP, what's up?!
  • KatyBell164
    KatyBell164 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nursing my 4 month old and also have a 2.5 year old
  • kromanich
    kromanich Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Nursing my soon to be 4 month old. Anyone have any luck actually figuring out how many calories we should take in. I did a calculator who told me I should eat 2200 cals. yeah that is so not going to happen. I don't see any way I would loose the weight again eating that much.
  • wildfiresa
    wildfiresa Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Heyy. First time ebf mummy :)
    Everyone said the weight would drop off with breastfeeding but it didn't so I'm trying to lose all the weight I put on and more. Little one is 9 months

So my daughter will be a year this month. I really started diving in to getting healthy again on January 2 weighing in at 220 at 5'5". Since then I've used MFP to get on a 1400 calorie diet and started walking on my lunch break for about 30 minutes. I'm now down to 208.8 and still going. You can do it! Just remember consistency is key.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    kromanich wrote: »
    Nursing my soon to be 4 month old. Anyone have any luck actually figuring out how many calories we should take in. I did a calculator who told me I should eat 2200 cals. yeah that is so not going to happen. I don't see any way I would loose the weight again eating that much.

After about two months, well after my supply was established, I started eating at maintenance (for me that was around 2700 or so), loosely tracking my cals. This allowed me to slowwly lose the weight without affecting my supply. It seems like a lot of cals, but don't forget nursing can burn anywhere from 300-600cals per day.
  • kromanich
    kromanich Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    kromanich wrote: »

After about two months, well after my supply was established, I started eating at maintenance (for me that was around 2700 or so), loosely tracking my cals. This allowed me to slowwly lose the weight without affecting my supply. It seems like a lot of cals, but don't forget nursing can burn anywhere from 300-600cals per day.

So ideally, I can eat at my maintained level of 1900 and that will be enough?
  • Karie2017
    Karie2017 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding and pumping. I have a 3 month old. So far I've lost 32lbs