CBS News Features Septuagenarian Who has Attitude

Options
In case you missed this piece on CBS News last night, you must read/watch it. I can't believe the woman in the story is 75-years old! http://www.cbsnews.com/news/living-stronger-75-year-old-swimmer-inspiring-others-with-her-drive-and-passion/

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Wow she is great, thanks for sharing
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I have an aunt who is 74 and she walks at least 5 miles every day with her dog, rain or shine, and often as much as 12 miles in nice weather. She also takes water aerobic and Zumba classes.

I've been trying to get my mother, who is 78, to join her for years because the difference in how they look and feel is so huge. My mother is finally beginning to exercise after having a heart attack and quadruple bypass. But, she is sticking with it and has progressed far enough that they had to take her off diabetes meds because her blood sugar was dropping too low after exercise with them. Since being off the meds her glucose levels have only been out of the normal range once.

You are never too old to start taking care of yourself!
  • Madux1818
    Madux1818 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I saw her! Oh my gawd she's great. She proves it's never too late to be who you were meant to be.
  • ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I have an aunt who is 74 and she walks at least 5 miles every day with her dog, rain or shine, and often as much as 12 miles in nice weather. She also takes water aerobic and Zumba classes.

I've been trying to get my mother, who is 78, to join her for years because the difference in how they look and feel is so huge. My mother is finally beginning to exercise after having a heart attack and quadruple bypass. But, she is sticking with it and has progressed far enough that they had to take her off diabetes meds because her blood sugar was dropping too low after exercise with them. Since being off the meds her glucose levels have only been out of the normal range once.

You are never too old to start taking care of yourself!

I bet your aunt's dog is in great shape too ☺ May God continue to bless your Mom. Your story is inspirational.