Tough Mudder Training

Options
Hey Everyone. I just registered for my First Tough Mudder event which is not until May 2012 at Mt. Snow in Southern Vermont. I have plenty of time to train, but wanted to know if any of the MFP's out there have experience in this "race".

Any little bit of insight and experience will be helpful and I would greatly appreciate it. Anything from how you've trained for it, what is more important to work on, what type of clothing you wore in the race, camelback or no water etc. etc.

I would be interested in staying accountable (as the time gets closer) to my training with those of you that are currently working out or want a group atmosphere to hold each other accountable with. If so, please let me know and we can set something up.

Oh yeah, almost fogot. My starting weight 18 months ago 230#, my current weight 170#. Starting body fat 30%+/-, current body fat is 8%+/-. I have kept off all the weight now for about 8 months and now I'm actually looking to put back on a few pounds of muscle mass. It's been a lifestyle change and I've had to learn how to cook and eat all over again. But it's been a GREAT change in my life.

Thanks
Brian

Replies

• pregmeg119
    pregmeg119 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have not but I will be doing one next spring as well!! Good luck to you!
  • bzeppetelli
    Options
    Which TM are you doing?
  • KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Hey I know where you are coming from, I recently posted this topic
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/278837-tough-mudder-competition
    I have pre-registered for next August and I am nervous and excited. Maybe we can prepare together? Or find a group to all train together?
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    My son's friend did it (in Vermont) and he said it was such a rewarding experience. HARD, but rewarding!! Good luck to you!

I will try to get more info from him on the questions you asked. :drinker:
  • bzeppetelli
    Options
    KevDaniel - Most definitely. it helps to be in a group and hold yourself and others accountable with exercising and nutrition. Shoot me a message/email and we can touch base on fb or something.
  • DrSketch
    DrSketch Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm running the Colorado course next summer (July 23rd 2012) with my workout group, and we're all nervous! Our training, right now, includes an early morning run and early evening P90X workout. A year seems like a long time, but I'm worried that some of us (like myself) won't have enough time to get ready!