Starting over again.

Options
Hello. My name is Karen and I started here back in 2012 and lost quite a bit of weight. Over time I put it on again and then some. I never really left the site, but quit logging my food and would miss signing in now and again. I have been signing in for a couple years again and finally am ready to get serious and begin my weight loss. I ended up in the hospital due to pneumonia and was miserable and had to use oxygen. I know my obesity does not help with losing my breath on top of that. It woke me up though to how short life can be and the extra weight holds me back from doing things I enjoy. It also is bad for my heart, liver, and countless other areas of my body. I just wanted to come back and introduce my self. Thanks.

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!
  • shani251
    shani251 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in your same exact boat. We'll get there!
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I am really just trying to take it a day a time. It is not so daunting of a task that way. It will be a lifestyle change again. I am working on a plan of exercise again too. I belong to a fitness center at work and need to get back there. I am on my feet a lot a work and most days get my steps in but I think I need to do more exercise wise.
  • isabelleriley93
    isabelleriley93 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I took a break too when I started working in the hospital and gained 20lbs (thanks cheap and greasy cafeteria food) so I am back here trying to lose it and keep it off!