New type 2 diabetic

Options
I'm a new type 2 diabetic and need to lose 80 pounds. This seems daunting as I need both insulin and metformin. Looking for friends.

Replies

• pc_girl
    pc_girl Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I have two relatives that both lost a lot of weight with metformin (70lbs and 50lbs). They did change their diets to be more healthy of course (lower carb, cut sugars). I've heard from many nurses that metformin promotes weight loss, which I observed in both my relatives. But regardless of the metformin, and regardless of whether you lose weight fast or slow, making healthy changes in your life now will produce positive results over time. It's not a race. It's a lifestyle change. We didn't let ourselves get out of shape overnight, and we're not going to shed the weight overnight. Focus on healthier choices and don't worry - you got this!

I'm just getting started too, and I have a long way to go. It will take me more than a year to reach my ultimate health/weight goals, but I'm not going to let myself get overwhelmed. The next year is going to pass whether I'm working at this or not. So I may as well be a year closer to my goal. :) Feel free to friend me if you like. Hang in there!
  • square2bowie
    square2bowie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've been type 2 diabetic for 2 years. Using MFP and eating the right foods for a year I have managed to get to borderline diabetic with no medications for last 6 months.

Feel free to add me & anyone else welcome
  • crazycat1977
    crazycat1977 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Matt
    I've been diabetic sine 2014, on three different meds but find exercise really helps with blood glucose levels.
    Good luck, feel free to add
  • cpreston2017
    cpreston2017 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I got diagnosed a year ago type 2. Trying to lower blood sugar with metformin but didn't try that much. Now they want me to go on glixacine so I'm on a mission to slim down and be healthy. I'd like to reverse diabetes if I can. Good luck with yours.