How much do you like tea?

Options
How often do you drink tea? What's your favorite brand? What's your favorite type of tea?

Replies

• CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I drink tea daily. Mornings are usually a cup or two of Yorkshire Gold (the brand is Taylor's of Harrogate). For the afternoons, I'll have either sencha green tea, jasmine green tea, or genmaicha (green tea with toasted rice). I also really like yerba mate with honey.

During the summer, I cold brew my own iced tea with any number of different teas - jasmine and mango ceylon are two of my favorites.
  • moonglowfae999
    moonglowfae999 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I got an Assorted Variety Tea box from Taylors of Harrogate for Christmas and their black teas are good but their green tea with jasmine and their chamomile tea are my favorites.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I drink iced tea in the summer and when I go out to a restaurant...otherwise I don't drink much tea.
  • CafeRacer808
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I've never tried their green teas as I usually buy Japanese brands, but that's very good to know! Also a fan of chamomile on nights that I can't fall asleep.

ETA: Also, here's a tip for brewing regular green tea the Japanese way - Use cooler water (158 F is ideal) and steep it for no longer than 90-120 seconds. This produces a less bitter, more delicate and cup which means you can pick up more of the subtle nuances of the tea.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I love tea, but am picky.

I'm currently drinking about 5-6 cups per day total of black, rooibos chai, and kava.
  • lulalacroix
    Options

ETA: Also, here's a tip for brewing regular green tea the Japanese way - Use cooler water (158 F is ideal) and steep it for no longer than 90-120 seconds. This produces a less bitter, more delicate and cup which means you can pick up more of the subtle nuances of the tea.

Ah. And this is why the green tea at home is never as good as the Japanese restaurants. Thanks for the tip.
  • CafeRacer808
    Options

I'm currently drinking about 5-6 cups per day total of black, rooibos chai, and kava.

I love kava, but I've only had it in Hawaii. Is there a brand that's available on the mainland that you like?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I just drink normal lipton black tea with milk, no sugar, around 6 cups a day.

I've tried many of the froo froo teas and haven't liked any of them.
  • postchrysalis
    postchrysalis Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I bag of Yogi/Tazo Peppermint tea + 1 bag of Yogi/Tazo Ginger tea + 12 oz water = Gingermint bliss. I can probably spend the rest of my life drinking just that. Add 1-2 tsp of honey for sweetness and yum!
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Chai latte
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    LUV Tea---great thread to start OP, twice lately i've had this heavenly and delicious green tea in a cloud---once at Starbuck's and the other time at a restaurant in Boca Raton, Fl..both times added Stevia & kerry green butter.

Quite Nice!!!!
  • sunburntgalaxy
    sunburntgalaxy Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Love it, drink it at least twice a day. Pretty much anything except Earl Grey - I tried to like it but just don't. I really love cinnamon teas - my fave is Sweet and Spicy black tea from Good Earth - the herbal is good too but I am usually having it at work so I need the caffeine. And when I have a cold (or anytime really) I love regular Lipton tea with lots of honey, lemon and some brandy in it. Very yummy and relaxing.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sleepytime tea every night before bed. Sometimes some lemon tea or Tazo Awake during the day.
  • ElasticGrasshopper
    Options
    I am currently consuming and adoring:

Celestial Seasonings "Bengal Spice"
    The ingredients are: Cinnamon, roasted chicory, roasted carob, natural spice and vanilla with natural ginger, cardamom, black pepper, cloves and nutmeg.

Golden Fields "100% Dandelion"

Nerada Organic "Rooibos with vanilla"
    Naturally sweet tasting, caffeine free tea.

Organic India "Tulsi Cleanse"
    Claimed to aide in daily liver and kidney cleansing.
    The ingredients are: Holy Basil, turmeric, ginger and other natural herbs.

• gdsmit1
    gdsmit1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I started drinking Bigelow green tea with pomegranate or with blueberry each morning.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I like tea THIS much. I like Chais.

This week I had this:
    http://www.itmonline.org/jintu/ginger.htm

There's a great local tea place that does mail order.

http://www.glenns-restaurant.com/teamenu.htm

An everyone should have this at least once.

https://www.teascout.co.uk/product/6-hand-tied-jasmine-flowering-blooming-tea-balls-bulbs/

A hand tied Jasmine tea ball.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not fond of black tea or green tea or most herbal teas.

But I have discovered that I like:

-- rooibos chai tea
    -- lemon ginger tea
    -- chamomile infused with some sort of flavour, my favourite being apple cinnamon

• goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I drink two cups of Tetley Bold each and every day. I have a cupboard full of other teas but I rarely drink them. Once every few months I have a peppermint or a cinnamon or licorice when I want a no-caffeine hot drink.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I like a morning and afternoon tea, usually Bigelow Plantation Mint black tea or one of the Celestial Seasons holiday teas I stockpiled lol.
  • lulalacroix
    Options

I love kava, but I've only had it in Hawaii. Is there a brand that's available on the mainland that you like?

It seems to be really hard to find. The only brand I can find is Yogi.