Good morning all!! A quote for daily reading. =0)

Options
Goooood morning/evening and happy Monday to you all! Who am I kidding why isn't it Sunday still and I am sleeping in. =0) Definitely sounds better for sure. So a great topic for a Monday morning is learning and living. This week I am challenging everyone again, and that challenge is to read a book or learn something new. It could even be on something you already know, but need to "sharpen" your skills. As we all say in the house I live in "If you are not learning you are not living", and this is very true for every adventure you take and every mistake you make if you learned from them then you can move on. I want to keep this one going for a bit so I want to challenge everyone that reads this today to tell me what you plan on reading or learning in a comment below. =0) Have a wonderful day everyone!! Cheers!

Busy
by: Stephen Covey, 7 Habits of Highly Effective People

Printer Friendly Version
Comment on Article

Once upon a time a very strong woodcutter ask for a job in a timber merchant, and he got it. The paid was really good and so were the work conditions. For that reason, the woodcutter was determined to do his best.

His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to work.

The first day, the woodcutter brought 18 trees

"Congratulations," the boss said. "Go on that way!"

Very motivated for the boss’ words, the woodcutter try harder the next day, but he only could bring 15 trees. The third day he try even harder, but he only could bring 10 trees.Day after day he was bringing less and less trees.

"I must be losing my strength", the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.

"When was the last time you sharpened your axe?" the boss asked.

"Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees..."

P.S Newbies you can search all past postings from me by searching the subject line, all the rest of us cool, awesome, amazing and healthy people lets show em how its done!!! :happy:

Replies

• jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Wow where is everyone this morning. Wake up its monday! :0)
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    lol I read this earlier and didn't know what I should read so i was waiting for other suggestions. I'm going to try to learn patience because i get frustrated when i don't get something right away.
  • alburt
    alburt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Haha, I work the grave shift, so technically this is my morning. (It's 2:30 in the afternoon here.) ;)
    Anyway, I love this challenge! I try to learn something new every day. And for the most part, I do. Usually something very random that may come up in conversation. My best friend teases me constantly because I'm always saying, "I don't know. Let's Google it!". And so the learning begins. As for what I plan on learning today? I don't know yet...but I'm sure I'll Google it!
  • alburt
    alburt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Haha, just thought I'd give you an update on what I learned yesterday...16 Tbsp is equal to 1 cup. And yes, I Googled it. Haha, have a great day ;)