Week of July 11 - Started 30 Day Shred

Options
Good morning to all the 30DS participants,

I know some of you started this earlier and some have not yet started (myself included :blushing: ). Here is the info I have so far and I am posting the link for the tracking form at the bottom:

Donnaeve8
- weight: 172
- height: 5'7"
- waist 34.5"
- hips 42"
- thighs 24"
- calves 12"

Dnsnyder
- Weight: 164.5 lbs
- Waist: 34.5 in (taken at bottom of belly button)
- Hips: 42.0 in
- Bicep: 11.5 in
- Upper thigh: 24.0 in
- Quadriceps: 22.0 in
- Calf: 15.0 in

shortee75
emismom77
lrodriguez83
angiesteele
amandanichole11
mjbrowne
Princess_in_power
holli3586
avaloneternal

You DO NOT have to provide any information; however, if you decide to provide any YOU decide what you want to share with the group. I will get my information posted on here tomorrow :smile:

Here is the tracking form link once again:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHozZkFQV1otbDAxV0JYa0Q0SGxQQnc6MQ

Replies

• donnaeve8
    donnaeve8 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Did day 2 today, while the cardio was a little easier, the strength training was not! LOL I would love to be able do that many push-ups (even the modified ones!) by the end of Level 1 :)
  • mjbrowne
    mjbrowne Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Since I'm the lowest weight I've been in my adult life, I expect to actually GAIN weight and inches during this. Which is great..because my body looked MUCH better when I circuit trained daily about 5 years ago (and I was 10 lbs heavier). I'm currently thinner, but flabbier than I've ever been. I changed my goals / measurements last week to focus on reducing body fat. So..these are the measurements I'm logging into MFP and tracking during 30DS. These are from 7/11.

Height- 5' 4" Weight- 143 Body Fat%- 27.3% Waist (at naval)- 34.75 Arms- 11.5
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    L1D4 complete. There were 29 days between the day that I started (7/1)3 until the day that I leave for vacation (8/10) and there will be 2 days I will be out of town camping for a family reunion, so I think that I will do each level for 9 days. I'm also going to mix in additional workouts on occasion, like the elliptical and maybe Jillian Michaels 6 Week 6 Pack. Hope everyone has a fabulous workout today! =)
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    L1D2 complete :)
    - weight: 140
    - height: 5'5.5"
    - waist 26.5"
    - hips 39.5" (Whoa, first time below 40" in who knows how many years NSV!!!!)
    - thighs 22.5"
    - calves 15"
    Didn't think I could do it again today (so sore) but was fine once I started. Actually think my muscles were sorer today after the shred than 3 weeks ago after my first marathon!! Just gotta get started I guess.
  • mjbrowne
    Options
    Found all of my measurements from 7/11-Arms 11.5; Bust-37; Waist 34.75; Hips 41; Thighs 23; Calves 15; Body Fat 27.3. Skipped 2 days (darn weekend!). Bought some 3 lbs weights, so I'm excited to do L1D3 tonight! :)
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'll have to find my measurements =)

Lost the weekend due to friend's wedding, but getting back on track

Tonight will be D8L1 (if I get it done) ;) I'm still pretty wiped!
  • donnaeve8
    Options
    Got day 4 done today. I hate push ups! LOL I can't wait to get this week over with and move on to level 2! I really hope that by the time I complete level 3 and try level 1 again, it will be a breeze! She says something about your endurance being better by day 5 or 6 but since I took the weekend off from it, it will probably be more like day 8 for me ;).

How is everyone else doing with it??
    Oh and I had my hubby take my measurements for me since I did them myself the first time and his were different, sometimes by an inch more. So not sure if I should go with my numbers (which were better ;) or his. Oh well.......
  • princess_in_power
    princess_in_power Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    D8L1 (yesterday) (Natalie! style woohoo, after, gulp, 3 days off!)

Was still exhausted, so slept through alarm this morning, so not likely to get double dose in today either :(
    So likely D9L1 only today (this afternoon)
  • mjbrowne
    Options
    Donna..GO WITH YOURS!! :) The starting # isn't really important..as long as it changes for the better. Did L1, D3 yesterday. The pushups are SO hard to get through..and i'm doing "girl" pushups (knees). I DO hope they get easier. I like my new 3 lb weights..but a couple of the moves towards the end of work out are harder with them...have problem finishing. Oh well..it WILL get easier, right? My body fat % DID go down in past week...but not sure if it's just normal fluctuation. My 6 yr old son is ready to move on to Level 2...says level 1 is easy. Lol. (he has the 1 lb weights!) Hope everyone gets their JM fix today. :)
  • mjbrowne
    Options
    Avaloneternal...Looks like we have about the same body type / measurements (although you are taller). CONGRATULATIONS on getting hips below 40...I hope to one day measure below 40...even a 39.5 would THRILL me!! Also..I've very sore...it's almost harder to do this than it was to jog for 30 minutes (before my DR recommended I NOT run due to back / hip condition). So glad I'm not the only one who's SORE...I feel like a wimp! ;)
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Well after hurting my knee and starting the week off sick...I think I will finally be able to start the 30DS this afternoon :happy:

You all are doing an AWESOME job so far and I look forward to seeing all the end results.

If you need the tracking form again, here is the link:

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dHozZkFQV1otbDAxV0JYa0Q0SGxQQnc6MQ#gid=0
  • mjbrowne
    Options
    L1 Day 4 under my belt. Is anyone else as sore as I am? My back is killing me..maybe I need to go back to 1 lb weights and check my form.
  • donnaeve8
    Options
    Day 5 done today-did almost all of the the push ups today (Anita style - kudos to you, princess_in_power!) and felt pretty good afterwards. Not sure if I am doing some of the ab exercises right, though, because they aren't hard and I'm not sore and I definintely don't have strong abs so I think I need to work on my form there. Hoping to keep it up through to the weekend so I can move on to level 2.

Shortee, Glad you are feeling better! Are we supposed to be submitting those sheets or is just for our own use? Thanks for those, btw. They are great for keeping track!

mj, my back is fine but my shoulders kill. Did I mention I hate the push-ups ;) Good for you for pushing through and getting the body fat down!

Comtemplating starting up Turbo fire after I'm done with the shred. Anyone interested in keeping up with the group and joing me with that?

~Donna
  • mjbrowne
    Options
    Donna-way to go! I do Anita style pushups as well..Hopefully we'll be able to do "boy" pushups before it's over with! ;) I'm afraid it might turn into 60 day shred for me...can't seem to get it every day. My mini goal is to do it this weekend (I didnt do it at all last weekend) and every day next week. I'm SO in with you on the Turbo Fire (that's BeachBody / BodyBeach / whatever) program right? I saw your post on another thread about those. I'm not too familiar with them but from what I read...I'm VERY interested now! Have a healthy weekend packed with fun, everyone!!
  • donnaeve8
    Options
    Woo hooo!! I did ALL of the freakin push-ups!! So proud of myself! Girl push-ups, but ALL OF THEM!!

LOL, sorry had to share my joy with someone :)

MJ - I'm not doing it every day either, I did skip wednesday and thursday last week and yesterday but I am hoping to get it done before I leave for vacation on 8/6. I want to start turbofire when I get back. If there is money left over to by it, that is ;) nd yes it is a beachbody program.

Have a great sunday everyone!

~Donna
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Yippee, L1D9 complete :) Gonna do 10 days on each level. Nice to know I am not the only pear MJ. I have not been doing great with my eating (extremely busy, stressful work week). The worst soreness was after day one for me. Since then, it seems like keeping doing it loosens up the sore muscles and makes it more doable. Keep up the good work everyone.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

I did L1D3 yesterday - had to take a break Friday/Saturday because I felt like I may not have given my body time to get rid of the cold I was trying to get at beginning of last week.

I am able to do most of the push-ups (Anita-style :wink: ) but not quite all of them.
  • mjbrowne
    Options
    Someone kick me in my butt! PLEASE?!?! It's been 4 days now since I've heard JM's voice! I think I should never go more than ONE day with a break...it gets easier with each passing day to find other stuff that MUST be done instead. Weekly measurements yielded a .5 lb loss AND .5 inch decrease in stomach! YAY! So..the 30 DS has yielded some results. Ok..I hereby state..that I WILL do JM 30DS when I get home from work. The kids and husband will have to leave me alone for 27 minutes..or ELSE! :)
  • donnaeve8
    Options
    You can do it MJ!! It does get easier. Just finished day 7 today and I have to admit that I am getting bored with level 1 and want to hurry up and move on LOL!
  • mjbrowne
    Options
    Thanks, Donna! I AM sore this morning..but I will push on. I didn't get around to it until after 7 last night..but I got to it. Sounds like there's hope (from all of you) that it DOES get easier and soreness goes away. I DO feel more toned in my belly and arms..and my legs are sore. Donna..you're brave..I'm SCARED of Level 2 if I'm this sore on Level 1! ha! Have a healthy day all!!