Just had a baby and now I'm back.

Options
Hey all I just had my 3rd child. I was put on extreme bedrest from 10 weeks on and stayed on it for entire duration of the pregnancy. On the 7th of November after a long labor I ended up having an emergency c section due to my son getting stuck. My son Hunter was born, 9lbs 9oz. Anyways 15 days later I'm down quite a bit of weight and slowly but surely all my restrictions are being lifted by my doctor. I'm getting back into the swing of things and looking for friends to add. Looking for motivated people to add. Feel free to send me a request <3

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,209 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Wow, sounds like a tough pregnancy. I'm glad everything turned out alright for you. Congrats on your beautiful baby boy, and welcome back to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • TrynaGetHealthy2017
    Options
    congrats so glad you and the little one are doing good, sending a request your way:)
  • jacksonkris8
    jacksonkris8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congats!! My third was over 9 too- isn't it crazy how big babies are now?!
    Any thoughts on what you want to attempt with no restrictions? I'm a die hard stepper so even with baby and nursing and two other little ones, it made a huge difference to stay on my feet as much as possible. I would step while i folded laundry or when i put it away i woukd make several trips up the stairs with one stack at a time. There were certainly days i was wrecked from overnight feedings but it made a huge difference compared to other pregnancies. And its So hard to exercise with littles around! Good luck!!!
  • ShieldMaidenLeah
    ShieldMaidenLeah Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm so glad to be back. I was so sad when the restrictions were placed during a 7 day hospital stay. Going from really getting into your fitness routine to having to be on bedrest for 9 months was a serious challenge on so many levels. Please feel free to add me I'd love to have active people on my friends list and help motivate any way I can.
  • YAYA_of_2
    YAYA_of_2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue when I had my son, the beginning of my fattness too. Lol. It was also 24 yrs ago. But I can relate, the bed rest is awful. I had to move back home with my parents bc I was single and wasn't allowed to get out of bed for anything other than to pee. Your gonna do amazing on getting back into shape. And so happy for you to have a healthy baby boy!! I agree babies are so big now, my son only weight 5 pounds, 6 ounces. Lol
  • jacksonkris8
    jacksonkris8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    They are gigantic LOL my sister in law just had a 9 lbs 12 oz .. mine were 8.6 9.8 and 7.12 (i had gestational diabetes for the 7.12 thats the only reason she wasnt huge) ... im quite short so i really just assumed they would be small. My other aister in law had peanuts around 6lbs.. its crazy!
  • ShieldMaidenLeah
    ShieldMaidenLeah Posts: 30 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My gym membership becomes active in January. In the meantime I've been trying to maintain calorie goals to ensure I produce enough milk for my little one. Still recovering from the emergency c section but I figure by the time January rolls around and I have good eating habits in place re-adding exercise back into my life will be a little easier.
  • mmalo446
    mmalo446 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I had my son with an emergency csection in November too. He was 2 weeks early and 8lbs 12oz I couldn't imagine him staying in for 2 more weeks. I'm down 46 pounds and have 34 to go.