Basic recipe websites?

Options
lyssasm
lyssasm Posts: 21 Member
I'd love to find a recipe website (mostly for dinner recipes) that doesn't have crazy recipes like zucchini boats and words I've never heard of haha. Anyone have any suggestions? I browse Pinterest a lot but it's hard to find good recipes on there for me personally.

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    allrecipes.com
    foodnetwork.com
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Cookinglight.com
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Spark people has a recipe database where users upload their own, so a lot of them can be pretty simple.
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    it wouldn't hurt to do a google search for student recipes, you might not be a student, but recipes aimed at them tend to be basic, quick, simple and cheap. For example studentrecipes.com. I also love bbcgoodfood.com
  • f4tand50
    f4tand50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I get just about everything I need on Pinterest
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    I use allrecipes.com. I search for what I want to eat, then dig through the recipes until I find something I can actually make (i.e. doesn't have a zillion ingredients or dozens of steps).
  • worstcaster
    worstcaster Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I also use allrecipes. Good site with decent search options and lists nutritional values for the recipes.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I watch the brothers green on you tube..also the one pot chef. The brothers have a bunch of different videos about basics and stuff you should keep on hand .alot of their stuff is for college students so pretty easy to do. one pot chef does a ton of stuff that is easy as well...third one would be my virgin kitchen...funny british guy that taught himself to cook.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    budgetbytes

Couldn't recommend this website more
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Jamie Oliver (British chef) has a series of youtube videos and a website that goes over simple, clean eating and learning cooking skills (among more ambitous things), plus "guest" chefs (you'll also, sooner or later, find references to his efforts to improve school food programs for cleaner, healthier eating in both the UK and US). foodwishes.com has an extensive series of how-to recipe videos and a recipe blog. laura vitale has a series of italian-themed dishes. Many, many more are good (including big-name chefs) - as your horizon expands, so will your useful search results. i see some above from other posters that i'll have to check out for myself ...
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    +1 allrecipes.com and foodnetwork.com. Also...

cooking.nytimes.com
    thekitchn.com
    seriouseats.com
    epicurious.com
    markbittman.com (as well as his book "How To Cook Everything: Basics")
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    https://www.budgetbytes.com/ is good for nice, simple recipes!
  • hazzaram
    hazzaram Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I make meals from skinnytaste.com 5/6 days a week. I haven't come across a bad recipe yet!
  • LateWinterWolf90
    LateWinterWolf90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I just google what i want to make or an ingredient followed by recipes 'sweet potato recipes' lol usualy whats already been said comes up