Help! Non-food energy boosters?

Options
Hey all...need your help! I'm pregnant so that means I'm tired and there's not much I can do about it (i.e. no caffine). I've been snacking to get some energy bursts but that's just packing on the pounds and the energy doesn't last much more than 10 minutes. Suggestions to perk me up?

Replies

• Ladymomo9
    Ladymomo9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vitamin B...I used to take that instead of energy drinks when I worked for this slave driver...kept me vavavavaoooming!
  • pittsblue99
    pittsblue99 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    take a quick walk around where every you are, I found that helped when I was preggo with both of mine. Congratulations :)
  • Dtrmnd86
    Dtrmnd86 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Exercising always give me tons of energy. Although you probably can't do anything hardcore, what about going for a walk, stretching or some low impact work out?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    yep, exercise!
  • emogirlrants
    Options
    vitamin b supplements, i've heard iron supplements help as well.
    vitamin water zero energy might help. loads of b vitamins.
    don't forget to take your prenatal vitamins. they'll probably help you too.
    and dont' forget. your pregnant. you'll most likely gain weight. it'll be fine.
    as a plus, breastfeeding burns a ton of calories.
    it scares me how i know this. (my mom)
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Try some ice cold water. It wakes your body up because it has to warm it up.
    I also find that Crystal Light Focus actually helps wake me up too, but you might want to check the ingredient list to see if there is any caffine in it.
    I agree with others that a short walk outside might be just the thing to wake you up and get the blood flowing too! Focus your meals on iron and calcium rich foods too.