Newb doing P90X

Options
Hi!

I'm a teacher on summer break, so I figured what better time to start this P90x I've been hearing so much about. One of my best friends started it over a month ago, and has nothing but good things to say about it, so I really have no reason not to try.

MyFitnesPal will be a great way to help me track my progress. I've tried other sites like this before, but MFP seems really user friendly.

Anyone else doing P90x? Any tips?

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm a teacher on summer break, so I figured what better time to start this P90x I've been hearing so much about. One of my best friends started it over a month ago, and has nothing but good things to say about it, so I really have no reason not to try.

MyFitnesPal will be a great way to help me track my progress. I've tried other sites like this before, but MFP seems really user friendly.

Anyone else doing P90x? Any tips?

Keep pushing play, even if you are sore, and modify the moves if you have to. And a very important thing to remember is to fuel your body properly (eat enough)
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Do the Classic version, don't be afreaid of weights. The program was designed that way.
  • jaysus
    jaysus Posts: 13
    Options
    Stick with it. It definitely works. I didn't follow the diet guide and I still lost 45 lbs after 2 rounds. I did make much better choices when I ate though.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Do the Classic version, don't be afreaid of weights. The program was designed that way.

I agree, this is much better than the lean version, and is how the program was intended to be used.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of lifting heavy, eat clean, MODIFY (but only if you really need to. =) )
  • gatt2000
    gatt2000 Posts: 8
    Options
    Just stick to the program! It works as long as you keep with it. Do the classic workout.
  • brianna_bananas
    Options
    i started my first day yesterday! it was good didnt feel as much of a burn llike i did when i did kickboxing but i felt it and i plan on doing it for a while to see results cause ive heard good things too..
  • Ashalahn_LMT
    Ashalahn_LMT Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Keep pushing play. Every day. You may not see huge changes in the first 30 days. I didn't. Many times the changes come at 60 and 90 days. Follow the nutrition (as close as you can). It will work. You just have to show up and bring it.
  • ivorygirl88
    ivorygirl88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Push play everyday. I am starting it again, I slimmed down before but I got caught up in life. Just make time for it no matter what. Let's stay in touch maybe keep some motivation going!