Anyone else peeing like crazy?? Sorry tmi

Options
Ever since I began tracking my cals and working out more I have had to pee all the time! I'm up 4 times per night to pee. My husband too. WhAt the heck? Anyone else wth this problem? I wonder if it's just the increase in water I am consuming. Also we are so restless at night trying to get to sleep when we do fall asleep it's a great sleep but we both feel so jumpy even if we are super tired. Strange!!

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    iv always peed like crazy so im no help (seriously i go 2-3 times an hour XD yay steps but *kitten* ). But iv seen multiple threads about people who eat alot of veggies and they pee alot more from the water content. And overall just drinking more water because your thinking about it for health.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking during the day and, more importantly, how much are you drinking 1-2 hours prior to bedtime?
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    When do you stop drinking water for the day? I usually stop about three hours before bed and I haven't had to get up during the night to pee since. I try to drink the majority of my water early in the day. Are you consuming any caffeine near bedtime? That might contribute to the jumpy feeling. A low dose of melotonin might help regulate your sleep pattern.
  • mrsloganlife
    mrsloganlife Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    During the day when I am flying through my 22 oz Brita bottle (yay filtered water) I am up and off to the bathroom usually once an hour, sometimes twice. But I do stop drinking any liquids usually an hour before bed and do one final restroom visit right before going. It's helped a lot; especially since I have two dogs who think that mom getting up means the day is getting started regardless if it is 6 am or 2 am.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I always have but I drink fluids like crazy and I drink relaxing type teas before bedtime. So it's literally my own fault.
  • lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water (or tea) will make you pee more. If you drink water before you sleep, count on having to wake up during the middle of the night to go pee. There's also a lot of veggies that are natural diuretics and it'll make you pee a lot too (supposedly). I've read that your body will start to realize you're taking in more water and somehow you pee less? I don't quite understand that, but so far it hasn't worked on me and I drink a ton of water (I naturally have low body water %).
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    Are you eating low carb? If you are, and if you are drinking more (as is recommended) you will shed a lot of water weight through pee. When I was doing Atkins (years ago) I got in the habit of drinking a lot - too much really. I pee all the time.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Agree with shutting off the faucet a few hours before bed! I drink the majority of my water at work. Once I'm home from work, I'll drink a glass of tea or water with dinner and other than a few sips if I'm thirsty (usually not) I'm done for the day. Otherwise I'd be up multiple times a night as well! No fun.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I pee every 30 minute to an hour during the day but I stop drinking water at least an hour before bed. Still get up at least once in the night and first thing in the morning. I only sleep 4-6 hours a night though.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    1. It's the water you are drinking. I usually stop drinking water around 7 PM so i can get most out of my system by bed time.
    2. Are you working out in the evenings or night? How many hours b4 bedtime? If i workout in the evening say 7 or 8 pm. It takes me a long time to wind down from the rush of exercise.
  • NoAnalHere
    NoAnalHere Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    It's most likely the increase of water. I agree with stopping liquids a few hours before bed. I used to have the exact same problem that went away after three months (still cut off liquids before bed) I was peeing every hour on the hour and it made commuting to work terrible, social gathering terrible. I still deny trail walking sometimes because there's no bathrooms around and I know I'm going to have to pee :p
  • Bonnieelizabeth
    Bonnieelizabeth Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    what is happening is that your kidneys are filtering on their own and is helping you to get rid of the excess water I have the same issue ,I drink mostly water and try to cut off fluids about 2 hours before bed.
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Ok I think the issue is drinking too much before bed. I work out early always ... the restlessness is likely because I need a little food in my belly prior to bed. I will try cutting the water earlier in the eve. Thanks so much everyone!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many hours before bed i stop drinking, i will still have to get up at least once during the night to pee. I think it's an old age thing :sad:
    I drink around 3L of water a day, plus maybe 5-6 cups of tea/coffee.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    It might well be drinking more water. It might also be cutting back on sodium (common when people start calorie counting). If you used to eat more salt, you would have been retaining water. When you cut down on the salt, you pee out that water.
  • JohnnyPenso
    JohnnyPenso Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Excessive peeing is simply a function of excess water intake in relation to salt intake. In other words, if you are drinking but not ingesting salt, you will pee most of the water out. If you are peeing a lot you are probably drinking much more water than your body needs to function. It's not harmful but it can be mighty inconvenient.

• Ming1951
    Ming1951 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yep ever since I started drinking water. I'm up 2-3 times per night too. Its become habit now so I'm good with it. During the day I just have to be sure wherever I 'm headed there will be a bathroom.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how many hours before bed i stop drinking, i will still have to get up at least once during the night to pee. I think it's an old age thing :sad:
    I drink around 3L of water a day, plus maybe 5-6 cups of tea/coffee.

That's a lot of liquid! I'd have to get up to to pee at night too and I'm 37 :tongue:
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Up 4 times a night to pee?? That sounds crazy. I didn't do anything like when I had a prolapsed uterus that was pressing on my bladder! I'd cut back on water intake if I were you.