Zumba classes

Options
I'm telling you, find out where you have Zumba classes in your neighborhood, I'm losing weight so easy with these classes. I go to my classes everyday and would go more if I could, so much fun and very good workout. LOVE IT ,try yourself.

Replies

• Tuovit
    Tuovit Posts: 10
    Options
    I'm telling you, find out where you have Zumba classes in your neighborhood, I'm losing weight so easy with these classes. I go to my classes everyday and would go more if I could, so much fun and very good workout. LOVE IT ,try yourself.
  • sunnysmom
    Options
    I love Zumba too. It's hard to drag my big butt there but when I do....it is so much fun! How many calories to you think you burn in 1 hour?
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    I wore a monitor to mine once and I burned over 600. I love Zumba!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Now I'm excited! Zumba is coming to my gym soon. I hope I can get to a class!
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    ok for those ignorant anitpodeans amongst us - who or what is a zumba?
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Now I'm excited! Zumba is coming to my gym soon.

Whoo-HOO, alright!!! Um, ..... what is it?? :huh:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Google it yall, I actually have the Zumba DVD series by Beto the creator of Zumba! So for those of you who don't or can't go to a class you can do it from home. The instructions are super easy....

I have a question though.....does anyone else feel like they are swingin there *kitten* into the other room when you get going on that hip shake???? wow, I am jigglin like jello.....hahahah I think I am gonna zumba in the am.......

GOGreen!
  • NeilinOz
    Options
    sassie - too funny
    i have a vivid mental image now
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

Looks like a latin-fusion dance cardio class. Some of it looks a little too low-impact but some looks challenging.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,079 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA is so fun. ZUMBA.com for a little Latin fix. There are some videos on YouTube, too. And, SBS - it is great aerobics/cardio. I can burn 500-700 easy in an hour. Usually have some sore muscles the next day too.
  • Pcarolln
    Options
    Zumbz is a Latin inspired dance fitness class that combines fast and slow rhythms in an aerobic fitness fashion.
  • Wynnie
    Wynnie Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    OK wow - I "YouTubed" it, and it does look fun. However, I am a rather stiff and non-jirating type of person. I got a Latin Dance workout video once and tried it several times before giving it away in frustration. My body just won't DO that! But I have lots of other fun things I can manage. Knock yourselves out all my loose and jiggly friends!!! :happy:

PS - Sassy... no way did you get that "y'all" thing in CA! :glasses: You wouldn't happen to be from TX or other parts South perhaps? (I lived 10 years in MS)
  • flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options

Looks like a latin-fusion dance cardio class. Some of it looks a little too low-impact but some looks challenging.

I'm sure it totally depends on your instructor... but the very first Zumba class (and every one after that) was one of the most challenging high impact classes I have ever attended. (And I was in the Army for several years!!!). After the 1st dance, when everyone was panting and sweating and gasping for air, our instructor said enthusiastically 'Okay! Good warmup!!!!'. We were all like "Warmup?! THAT was a warmup?!"
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just started Zumba last week in the basement of my dorm, and it's so much fun! I think we burn over 500 calories in the 45 minutes. We dance to songs like womanizer, hips don't lie, low, and chihuahua. What kind of songs do you guys do Zumba to?
  • petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I am a ZUMBA fanatic... I take 3 classes a week, and I'd do more if I could spare the time..

I easily burn 600 - 700 calories in an hour... I LOVE eating those exercise calories and my DH has made several comments about how much HE loves ZUMBA now that he's seen the results :blushing:

anyway.. don't worry about being coordinated or not.. just go and have fun.. the hour is over before I realize it... super awesome workout!
  • melissaag1984
    Options
    OMG I love Zumba! I had been looking for something really fun because I don't really enjoy the normal treadmill/weights workout, and My gym just started the classes right when I started on here. [How lucky for me] It has now beome my favorite part of the week. my co-worker and I go all three days it is offered and joke about how we are going to be "skinny *****es" thanks to that class!

Highly recommend ZUMBA!
  • songbyrdsweet
    Options

I'm sure it totally depends on your instructor... but the very first Zumba class (and every one after that) was one of the most challenging high impact classes I have ever attended. (And I was in the Army for several years!!!). After the 1st dance, when everyone was panting and sweating and gasping for air, our instructor said enthusiastically 'Okay! Good warmup!!!!'. We were all like "Warmup?! THAT was a warmup?!"

Ok good! Because last night I did TurboKick, and when I started it was HARD. But last night not even the Turbo did much for me and it was the same instructor. It's a cardio kickboxing class that's supposed to be high intensity and includes intervals or 'Turbos' toward the end. Really the only thing that works for me now is running or step, but I never can get to step classes! :sad:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options

I know we're in the same area, so.. what gym?? I was wondering about that! PM me if you don't want to say it on here. Please. :flowerforyou:

And... just a general question to whomever... is Zumba for everybody? I checked out a video on YouTube and everyone looked like they were in generally good condition. I'm working on getting there, but... not sure if Zumba is for me! I'd love to try it though! It looks SO fun!!:bigsmile:
  • melissaag1984
    Options

I know we're in the same area, so.. what gym?? I was wondering about that! PM me if you don't want to say it on here. Please. :flowerforyou:

And... just a general question to whomever... is Zumba for everybody? I checked out a video on YouTube and everyone looked like they were in generally good condition. I'm working on getting there, but... not sure if Zumba is for me! I'd love to try it though! It looks SO fun!!:bigsmile:

YES! Zumba can be done by anyone. There are about 25-30 women in my class, of all shapes, sizes, and fitness levels. That is what is so great about it. It is fun and can be done by anyone. Plus, you will learn fun new ways to shake those hips on a dance floor [or for your man!].
  • greeneyedgirl829
    Options
    Yay! I'm excited, my sister and I are going to our first Zumba class next week, glad to hear it really is fun!