People of southern Texas....

Options
(and southern mississippi, florida, alabama, georgia, etc...) HOW THE HECK DO YOU DO IT? running in this heat and humidity is bananas! One week and everyone up north is going crazy.

You guys all deserve medals.

In liu of that, however, you get this post saying how awesome you are. If i lived in texas, i would probably lay around fanning myself and eating popsicles all day.

Replies

• hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    In liu of that, however, you get this post saying how awesome you are. If i lived in texas, i would probably lay around fanning myself and eating popsicles all day.

Why do you think Houston is one of the fattest cities inthe US? Mmmmm I need to go find a popsicle now!! :wink:
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Why do you think MS is the fattest state in the US, two years running? I workout inside. :) This heat is too unberable.
  • BryanBootka
    BryanBootka Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's not so much that you get used to it as you build a greater endurance so you can...endure it.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    lol, Houston is why they invented the treadmill, stationary bikes and ellipticals, lol. I tease, but for real....
    (and southern mississippi, florida, alabama, georgia, etc...) HOW THE HECK DO YOU DO IT? running in this heat and humidity is bananas! One week and everyone up north is going crazy.

You guys all deserve medals.

• stenochick0417
    stenochick0417 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm in central Oklahoma and it's just AWFUL. We're no weenies when it comes to the heat, but this is the worst (and longest) stretch of it I can remember!
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    I agree with BryanBootka...you get use to it! I personally stay my butt inside. Only go out if I need to or I go out later when it's starting to cool off.
  • jpriebe317
    Options
    I am in SC but I am from TX. I workout inside and swim indoors! I don't know how people run or walk in this humidity. But it will get nice again and you bet I will be back outside!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    This is my first summer since I moved to TX 5 years ago that I actually miss vegas summers