Question for all you jogging Mamas and Papas

Options
Hi All! I recently had my second baby. I am looking to buy a double stroller (preferably jogging stroller) ASAP! I need help picking one. I want a side by side because they seem to hold more weight. My two year old is already 35lbs. I don't have any friends that yet have 2 kids...or that have 2 and have a double stroller so I need suggestions. I won't be jogging for a while as I had a c-section 6 weeks ago and if just walking on the treadmill makes my stomach sore I'm sure jogging with a 35lb stroller plus 45lbs worth of babies will be out of the question for a while. I'm looking to spend less than $400. Does anyone have a brand/model they absolutely love? I wish I could afford a BOB but that is way beyond my budget or needs really. Mostly this stroller will serve to transport the kiddos until I'm able to be out and about jogging. Also, my 6'4 husband will be using it so nothing too small!

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Replies

• nhhartmann
    nhhartmann Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Seriously the Double BOB is the best for what you described - have you tried finding a used one (I know this is a tall order)? I used mine mostly for around town, down on teh beach, light jogging. It's so comfortable. Everyone who touches it comments on its ease and begs to be the "pusher" of the kids.

BTW I have one I'm selling for $375 with the infant conversion and parent tray but I'm in Charlotte and have a friend that has expressed interest. If you will find yourself down this way and my friend declines, I'd be happy to sell it to you.
  • sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i walk a lot (not jog) and i'm expecting baby no.2, but I've decided to sell my bugaboo for a uppababy vista bc it has the rumble seat to make it for 2 kids. I feel like the seats of side by sides are too narrow for my 2.5 year old.

Also, you can find brand new strollers on ebay for less.