More than just counting calories?

Options
Who here is just counting calories to lose weight? That's what I'm doing and just wondering if it's working for them?

Replies

• lost_work7
    lost_work7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm here for that, but I only started 3 weeks ago. Too short of a time to tell for me. I've only lost 1lb.
  • 23susu23
    23susu23 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me. I've lost 28 lbs just following MFP, measuring and logging my food very accurately. I did no exercise at all the first couple of months and slowing started walking recently. I'm losing at the exact rate MFP says I should. Started middle of Sept. I'm 60 and retired so I'm very happy with my results.
  • subcounter
    subcounter Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Calories in Calories Out, simply works. I mean its a very basic principle. I think its a great way to start losing ones journey. Its definitely not easy at the beginning to track macro's then micro nutrients, fibers, this, that.

I would certainly recommend, at some point, to start tracking macro's that work good for your body though. Some people feel amazing with a high protein diet, some does with high carb (I am a carb person for example), or even more balanced one for some. This will make your journey a lot easier. Micro nutrients and fibers are also essential for your body too, so once you get used to a certain diet, it gets easier to incorporate them in too.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Yup. I've lost 13 pounds in under 5 weeks. Granted there's a good bit of water loss in there, but I'm still steadily losing. I weigh everything and chose accurate log entries.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I am, but I've done this before. I started mid January and already lost 4lbs. Hoping that when it gets warmer, I can get back to walking like I was before it got cold.

Right now, I'm concentrating more on looking at the macro levels that work for me instead of just doing simple CICO. Higher protein, less carbs tends to work slightly better for me than some others and I'm sure there are some who are the reverse.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs by doing little more than counting calories. I did sporadically "work out", and by "work out" I mean I got up every hour or two and did some jumping jacks or counter push ups, took a few extra trips up the stairs. Nothing at all that would actually count as a "work out".
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Who here is just counting calories to lose weight? That's what I'm doing and just wondering if it's working for them?

Yep. If you're in a calorie deficit you'll lose weight.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Most people around here pay some varying degree of attention to their macros as well, but basically yeah, counting calories works.
  • JennKoz529
    JennKoz529 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I've done it before and it works. I did do aerobic exercise along with it. But right now I'm just trying to get back on track! Good luck and feel free to add me for support!