Need accountability buddies!! What's your story?

Options
Add me I would love to motivate and help motivate others. I started out weighing 314 lbs 6/2016 I am now at 286 my goal is to lose 56 lbs by august to get to 230. This is my second weight loss journey I gained the weight back I lost in 2014 x10 ☹️due to stress and a relationship . Right now what's working is a 1250 calorie intake and cardio at least 5x a week along with strength training 4x a week.
So what's your story? Add me and we can get each other thru this journey!!!

Replies

• kimberly2402
    kimberly2402 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey! I would like to add you if that's ok.
  • Brewtuz
    Brewtuz Posts: 49 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Sounds like you're on the right track that's awesome keep it up and good luck to you. Feel free to add me my diary is open to public if you would like to see what types of meals I eat throughout the day on my weight loss journey.
  • Elliephantcrossing
    Elliephantcrossing Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi! Let's be friends. :)

I was here in early 2013. I was 264 then and got down to 174 by 2014 with a goal of 130. Then some personal tragedies occurred (illness in the family, relationship issues) and a new job came up, so I gained all my weight back because I couldn't maintain a consistent exercise schedule or healthy lifestyle. Now I'm trying to get back on track to 130; current weight 231.
  • delisha527
    delisha527 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yea I can definitely relate to everyone I just felt like I would never be back in this boat again it's like I saw myself gaining the weight but was helpless I would always say tomorrow I will start even healthy and then have a huge binge since it was my last "cheat day"
    Food is definitely my drug of choice mainly sweets what's yours?
  • Healthytoshanik
    Healthytoshanik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm Tosha, this is my second time around with the weight. I balloon up to 256 in 2008 or 9. Start working out and droped down to 199. Git into a new relationship, stopped wirking out, eating, everything and wirking like crazy. Weight went back up, this time 262. The highest, very discouraged. Started getting all these aches and pains and tiered. I said something has got to stop. So i put me first. I'm taking this journey again. My goal is 180, 190. I want to tone and be strong and healthy, happy and encourage other. Welcome new friend.
  • jodie5277
    jodie5277 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there.. add me.. i know just what you are going through.. i too lost a bunch of weight and put it back on and am now working to get it back off and get to my new goal weight of 195.. Let's rock this out together
  • laceyslabaugh
    laceyslabaugh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! Started at 162, at 158 now (9 days in). This is my 1st time attempting to lose weight on MFP (previous LT member of WW). I like the flexibility of MFP and truthfully just overall enjoy this app better! It's so nice to read that we aren't alone in our struggles :)
  • chelle102207
    chelle102207 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how to add anyone but feel free to add me, I quit soda back in nov and I've lost 10 lbs.. now I'm working on food proportions then doing some cardio.. I've failed a lot of times before so I'm weaning stuff out as I go... and adding in exercises.. if it's to much to fast I'll fail...
  • ttmom834
    ttmom834 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Tasha, I feel like we have the same story. I have always been over weight. My highest weight was 320. In 2013 I got down to 250lbs. Kept it off about 3 yrs and then had my heart broke. I have gained back my weight and now weigh 288. I just want to control my BS and feel pretty again. I will always love the man who left but, I need to let it go so I can move on and be happy for me. How do you add people to your site. I want to have support. My name is Tresia
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I just started MFP yesterday, and weighed myself for the first time in about three years. Apparently I'm at 281 lbs, which is actually 20 pounds less than I expected. It was a pleasant surprise, considering how much I'd been dreading it.

I will probably never be a 'clean eater', so my main goals are to watch portion control and be more active. My diary is open and everyone is welcome to friend me!
  • delisha527
    Options
    So how did everyone do today? I had a Super Bowl party at work so I did have a cheat meal right now I'm home and wasn't even hungry enough to have my dinner shake. I worked out twice today I did Zumba and then went to the gym and lifted weights and did the stair master for ten minutes. Feeling purty good
  • victoria34vma
    victoria34vma Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You guys / ladies can add me. i've lost 65 lbs since jul of 2016 and need to lose another 17 or so to go back to my healthy weight of 148lbs. I got to 230 in the last 6 years - i focused all my attention in building a small company and taking care of my son and forgot about me completely - i found out i have arthritis so the pain pushed me to start figuring out how to eat better and exercise a bit so i could lose the weight. Anyway, i would love to add some of you or all of you so we can all check in and keep us motivated.
  • delisha527
    Options
    I definitely added everyone on this thread if I forgot anyone please add me!
  • sammieb1228
    sammieb1228 Posts: 46 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hello!
    I started at 210 after gaining 30 pounds from last November to January (death in the family leading to stress eating). I've been trying to lose weight off and on but I really got motivated at the beginning of this year and realized that many of the items on my bucket list require me to be in shape. I've already lost 6 and want to lose 24 more. MFP has really been helpful in making me actually pay attention to what I'm eating. Next step is to cut out soda. It was a resolution that I'm miserably failing at but I've been told a couple times this week by my students that I drink too much soda and when 9 year olds tell you that you probably do drink too much........
  • leslielloyd88
    leslielloyd88 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I started at 230 pounds and went down to 168. I stalled for a good 6 months because of stress and everything, but I'm back on track and not quitting this time!

[post edited by mods]
  • delisha527
    Options
    Hello!
    I started at 210 after gaining 30 pounds from last November to January (death in the family leading to stress eating). I've been trying to lose weight off and on but I really got motivated at the beginning of this year and realized that many of the items on my bucket list require me to be in shape. I've already lost 6 and want to lose 24 more. MFP has really been helpful in making me actually pay attention to what I'm eating. Next step is to cut out soda. It was a resolution that I'm miserably failing at but I've been told a couple times this week by my students that I drink too much soda and when 9 year olds tell you that you probably do drink too much........

I used to drink a lot of soda too the thing is not to go cold turkey I would suggest just slowly cutting it down and lower the amount every week sparkling water also is a good substitute
  • UnicornCrisis
    UnicornCrisis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi peoples!!
    I've struggled with weight all of my life, partially to undiagnosed celiac and partially to stress/depression.

I had a shoulder surgery on March 3rd, 2016 that restored use of my left arm after almost 3 years in constant pain. Looking to take my life back.

10 lbs down, only 70 more to go :p