Do you track condiments, drinks, creamer, etc?

Options

Replies

• H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    I count mayo and salad dressing (I need the fat grams to count!), but no other condiments. I've had success losing weight and don't feel the need to worry myself with strict counting.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Of course! 5 or less calories of mustard is one thing but I could easily use a 100 calories of creamer in a coffee If I wasn't measuring or bothering to count and at a couple cups a day and that adds up!
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    When I'm losing weight yes. In maintenance I'm a bit more laid back with condiments, but calorie drinks yes all the time.
  • brendadonnelly26
    Options
    If you add a Turkey burger with cheese for 290 calories, does that include the bun?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you add a Turkey burger with cheese for 290 calories, does that include the bun?

Typically, but it's better to track all the components individually so you can be sure. A user who created that entry may have different bun choices than you.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Depends on the calories. Mustard, probably not. I mean, youd have to pour it on to make a dent and then the sandwhich is eww.. creamer.. YEAH.. 1tbs of my favorite hazelnut creamer is 60 cal.. I take 4. I HATE less than that and cant drink the coffee without it. So pretty much my breakfast consists of coffee and yogurt or coffee and grapefruit. Mayo is VERY loaded.. but its also nasty so I dont have to worry about ever touching that. Dressing is nasty. I do have fat free italian for when I feel like it needs more flavor and I even track that. 1tbs is 15cal and its all I can stand.
  • Reaverie
    Reaverie Posts: 405 Member
    Options

Use the recipe builder to build your own recipes with what you use and then plug it in. Just used it today on my sister in laws crockpot chicken chili. Made it easier than doing it by hand each time as she uses the same items and amounts every time she makes it. Wish she would drop a can of chili beans though.. man those calories add up! ANd the sodium is aweful!
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Yes and it's useful. My bloodwork suggests too much saturated fat. Well my dairy suggested several tablespoons of heavy cream might be the problem.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    vivakatie wrote: »
    Do you track condiments, drinks, creamer, etc?
    When I need to be strict I certainly do. But I don't use much condiments or drink high cal drinks. Though a 12 oz soda is like 150 calories so have a good 44 oz Pepsi is equivalent to a big hamburger, or you could eat almost a pound of protein rich low fat Tilapia.

• lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I do track all calorie rich foods, like the 4 grams of butter I just used. But I often don't track things like fresh garlic, fresh herbs, and hot sauce.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ugh. Yeah. I track my gum even.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, they can add up to hundreds of calories very quickly. Creamers have lots of calories and many sauces have even more. A single packet of Chick-fil-A sauce has 140 calories.
  • spunk71
    spunk71 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am having that issue now. I track everything but creamer I know I should as my trainer says the same as everyone how it adds up. I've lost over 20lbs and know I have to start counting my creamer. Just not ready to as I love my creamer. But I have cut back
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options

Unlikely. Cheese on a burger is usually at least 80 calories. So, that would only leave 210 calories for turkey + bun + other condiments. Possible, but unlikely.

I don't tend to bother with mustard, diet pop, Crystal Light or unsweetened tea. I don't drink coffee.

I do log ketchup, relish, mayo, BBQ sauce, milk (or milk-based drinks) and any drinks with sugar in them. If I can't get an exact measure of how much is used, I'll estimate.
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I always track creamer and dressings but not mustard or seasonings.
  • CynnaMonkey
    CynnaMonkey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Yes I do! My coffee alone is nearly 300 calories and most of it is the add-ons. If you're not tracking then you're really fibbing to yourself. This could likely be the reason why you're missing out on a few key pounds each week! Log every single thing you can. If you're unsure then you need to be using Google. There's a barcode feature in the app which is very handy otherwise the search really brings up a lot of things. I know that you can have some local restaurants throw you a curve ball but I have substituted "similar" dishes which I am sure were close to the calorie count of what I was eating. As someone who has epilepsy and regular blood work done I can tell you everything matters.
  • kkress92
    kkress92 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I don't log them, I think it would drive me crazy and cause me to stop logging altogether. That being said, I am cognizant of what I don't track and set my calorie goal with a ~150 calorie buffer. Just because I don't count them doesn't mean I think they don't count ;)