Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

One step at a time

ShrinkingMel
ShrinkingMel Posts: 15
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, my name is Melissa and two friends have referred me to this site. I am a mother of 3, my oldest is 4 and my youngest 8 months old. I have struggled with weight gain for the past 7 years. I went to a local dietitian for the first time and re-learned Canada's Food Guide and am really trying to apply it to my daily life. I am excited to have the support of others through this site! I have set my goal low to start but in reality I need to lose 90lbs. to be at the optimal BMI. It's a long road ahead...

Replies

• Hi, my name is Melissa and two friends have referred me to this site. I am a mother of 3, my oldest is 4 and my youngest 8 months old. I have struggled with weight gain for the past 7 years. I went to a local dietitian for the first time and re-learned Canada's Food Guide and am really trying to apply it to my daily life. I am excited to have the support of others through this site! I have set my goal low to start but in reality I need to lose 90lbs. to be at the optimal BMI. It's a long road ahead...
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    that long road is best taken 1 step at a time, and you have chosen to begin your journey

Congratulations and Welcome aboard!!:flowerforyou:
  • han1
    han1 Posts: 4 Member
    We are in the same boat....we can do it one day at a time:)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, you will love this site, it is so very motivational, supportive and helpful. I absoultly love it. I just wanted to wish you good luck with your weight loss journey, You can do this.
  • drewzaun
    drewzaun Posts: 111
    hello Melissa!

It may seem like a big deal right now, but I can say from experience that once you get into the habit of eating right and exercising, it just becomes part of your routine. It takes no effort and is just what you do, or how you eat. Before you know it you have lost some incredible amount of wieght and you just keep on keeping on until it is done.

It does not happen overnight, but I have lost 100 pounds on diet and exercise, never felt like I was missing out on good stuff, and never really felt like I was working hard (except in the gym of course).

It is hard work to be sure, but far easier than most people think when they first start out...
  • Thanks for all the welcomes! Drewzaun that's incredible that you lost 100, inspiring for sure, thank you so much for the advice. I hope it proves true for me as it did for you :)
  • Welcome :flowerforyou: Just remember to drink your water that really helps :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Good luck on your journey:bigsmile: Were all here for you :happy: Read the posts they do help :happy:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Welcome and remember baby steps are the way to go. :drinker: Take a step and learn to stick to it and make it a part of your new life.:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
This discussion has been closed.