16/8

Options
Anyone following this intermittent fasting way of eating? Would like to find like minded eaters.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    16:8, aka "normal meal schedule"? Breakfast, wait 3-4 hours, lunch, wait 3-4 hours, dinner? Yes, I'm doing that.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    16:8, aka "normal meal schedule"? Breakfast, wait 3-4 hours, lunch, wait 3-4 hours, dinner? Yes, I'm doing that.

with the common sense ...... LOLOLOL

:P

• Hermie123451982
    Hermie123451982 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    No as in fast for 16 hours of the day and have you macros in the 8 hour window.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    No as in fast for 16 hours of the day and have you macros in the 8 hour window.

Obviously, you don't sell diet books by telling people that they should eat like normal but cut out the snacks, but as kommodevaran pointed out, this is essentially what the 16/8 diet is all about. There's no reason it shouldn't work as long as you don't increase the size of your meals to compensate for the lack of snacks.

• mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner at 6pm and breakfast at 10am, that's 16 hours.
  • P90XBowler99
    P90XBowler99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    As you might know I do it religiously, I'm on your friends list also. Down 22 lbs last month and I contribute a good part of it to IF.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Eating schedules don't cause weight loss. Calorie deficits do!
  • CorneliusPhoton
    CorneliusPhoton Posts: 965 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Intermittent fasting can be used as a tool to help maintain that calorie deficit.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I used to do 16:8 but moved onto 5:2 to have more calories on the weekend. Like others have said, you still need to count or at least be mindful of your eating.