Newbie College Student

Options
sasham100
sasham100 Posts: 24 Member
I've been doing WW for a while but I thought I'd give MFP a try as well. So far, I'm loving it! It's kind of freeing to be able to know the calories in foods, instead of just the WW points.

I'm feeling kind of lonely on MFP, since I've only got a few friends. I'd love some friends to encourage me to stay with this, even once I go back to school at the end of August.

About me: College junior from California but go to school in Boston. I've gotten really into running in the past few months. I'm super slow but I'm proud that I can run 4 miles without stopping! I love to cook and bake and like that I can 'unload' my baked goods at the office, so I don't eat too many of them. :D

Replies

• chloeelebeir
    chloeelebeir Posts: 130
    Options
    Hey there! I just started MFP as well and I'd love to help encourage you on this journey! Feel free to friend me!
  • fireyes
    fireyes Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Us college kids need to stick together! Feel free to add me, as well! :]
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm a sophomore in collge from CA but I go to school in Boston as well! I'm new here too and have zero friends:( feel free to add me!
  • DarkenScorpio
    Options
    I just graduated in May from college. I love cooking and trying new things out. And Baking is so much fun :) I hope you like mfp. I have become totally hands down addicted to it in the last week. If you are looking for friends I'd love to help support each other in our goals :)
  • nibblerbigcat
    Options
    I'm a college student as well :) Add me!
  • Nursingmomof2
    Options
    College adult here! LOL! (career change!) but I know how it is trying to watch your weight while feeling like all you can do is go to class and study! Add me! BTW....My name is Sasha too! LOL!
  • auroreia
    auroreia Posts: 10
    Options
    I just started yesterday and could use some mfp friends! I like running too, but it's really hard to motivate myself... Kudos to you for going 4 miles!!! so far i can only run about 1.5 without stopping... with walking breaks I can go about 2.5.
  • Beks816
    Beks816 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know its unrelated, but I just went to Boston recently, and i love that city!
  • bmarq21
    bmarq21 Posts: 45
    Options
    I feel like I gain the most weight while i'm at school because I eat when there's nothing else to do -__-. what's everyone's major? Mine's Psychology!!
  • Emily4H
    Emily4H Posts: 170
    Options
    I am older (ok way older) than a college student but I hear ya. I have only started running within the last year and I too and very slow - but every step is a good one right? I would be a supportive friend if you want me to :):flowerforyou:
  • holyguacamole37
    holyguacamole37 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that there are other college students on here!! Best of luck to you all!! =)
  • ashleysn1derland
    Options
    I'm a college student in California as well trying to take off the freshman 15 and then some!
  • pineappleartist
    pineappleartist Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm also going to be a junior! Definitely gained 10 pounds at college, but trying so hard to lose it. Doesn't help that during the summer I work full time and at school I am busy all day :(. But I've learned eating and exercising are equally important as grades
  • wackedoutpet13
    wackedoutpet13 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm also a college student who's looking for MFP friends. Feel free to add me!
  • Zandia_1
    Zandia_1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me. I'm also a California college student. I work & go to school full time, and would love to add some MFP friends!