Macro help!!!

Options
jordanchamzuk
jordanchamzuk Posts: 53 Member
edited February 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Starting out on my cutting journy. Any help would be much appreciated.

Weigh 185 and workout atleast 6 times a week mix between weights every day with cardio. Have a job sitting all day too.
I'm trying to work out my macros and can't figure it out.
Want to shred body fat while keeping as much muscle as possible.
What should my calories be at?
Protein?
Carbs?
Fat?

Replies

• BonnieDundee78
    BonnieDundee78 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You workout at least 6 times a DAY?! God, I hope that's a typo...
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Jordan, Your first step is to figure out what your TDEE is.. Today daily burn including all your exercise. This takes time to do as everyone isn't the same. I too have a desk job and then hit the gym 5 days a week to lift. Most calorie counters I use sedentary as my setting and it works well to what I have found I can eat and lose vs. stay flat, vs. gain. That said I'm almost 49 and you are in your 20's. This is a good calculator that I have used and it works well for me. Now for your macro splits you will get so many different suggestions. I follow Mike Mathews suggestions and when I'm cutting I eat a lot of protein to save as much muscle as possible. 1 to 1.2 grams per pound (body weight), I keep my fats at 20% and fill in the rest with carbs. When I'm cutting I run my calories 20% deficit from my TDEE. My TDEE give or take is around 2400 calories a day and I eat about 1900-1950 when I'm cutting.. It has served me very well doing it this way.
  • jordanchamzuk
    Options

Monday to Saturday... up every morning before work as a do nothing but sit all day every day
  • jordanchamzuk
    Options

Monday to Saturday... up every morning before work as a do nothing but sit all day every day

Lol I see my typo now hahaha
  • annacole94
    annacole94 Posts: 997 Member
    Options

That's 6 days a week, not 6 times a day. ;)
  • jordanchamzuk
    Options
    annacole94 wrote: »

That's 6 days a week, not 6 times a day. ;)

Haha yeah I finally notices that haha