Dukan Consolidation

Options
I've been on the Dukan Diet since 6/18/2011 and have come down to my goal weight! :drinker: I'm pretty nervous about going into consolidation and adding bread and fruit back into my diet. Has anyone on here had any successes or failures when moving to this phase? I'm worried about retaining water or messing up my metabolism, but today my body was telling me it's time! I was so starving that I decided to move to the next phase (I technically hit my goal weight last Wednesday!). I had my first cheat meal Friday but was so nervous about gaining that I returned to the cruise phase.

I'm looking forward to hearing your responses!

Replies

• traceyblt
    traceyblt Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi :smile: I want to have a go at this diet,could you tell me some of the things to eat for breakfast , lunch , dinner. What would be your meals for a whole day, Thankyou
  • apmemo
    apmemo Posts: 43
    Options
    Tracey,

I'm a vegetarian so my diet has been very different than most on Dukan. My days have remained pretty consistent, though.

Breakfast, every single day, has been a protein shake with 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder with 2 cups of hot coffee and 3 stevia packets. Run in a blender for a minute and it tastes like an amazing latte. Coffee or water are really the only zero carb mixers. I've also used unsweetened almond milk sometimes, which isn't "allowed" but only has 2g fat and 1g carbs per 8 oiz serving. This alone has kept me full until 12:00.

For lunch I have a 0% fat plain greek yogurt with some sugar free jelly or just some stevia. I also have some vegetables and cheese.

Dinner is more veggies, sometimes some cottage cheese or more yogurt or cheese. I sometimes have a late night snack with some flavored protein powder and unsweetened almond milk.

For the oat bran, I started out making the galettes, but didn't really love them. For a couple weeks I would just eat the oat bran dry, which was not great but I was too busy to cook anything. The last week I discovered a recipe for oat bran "cookies" made in a cupcake pan, more like muffins, that are amazing and I've been eating with sugar free jelly. Now that I'm on consolidation, I'm either going to add a very tiny amount of butter or peanut butter.

I cheated a couple times but just minor, and that was having a salad on my all protein days. I did not have any chips (my addiction), bread, crackers, ice cream, cookies, ALCOHOL, and I did not have any of the "tolerated" items.

I've never had success with any kind of diet or exercise program, so this made me extremely happy! Now I'm on consolidation for 55 days I think. Good luck if you decide to try it!
  • apmemo
    apmemo Posts: 43
    Options
    BUMP!
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I've never tried the Dukan diet, but I would like to put your mind at rest. Here's some perspective:
    Many, if not most people, trying to lose or maintain weight have done so without the Dukan diet guidelines. Many have lost weight while eating lots of fruit and carbs. Many people have maintained weight by eating things like fruit, carbs, peanut butter, regular butter, etc.
    I guess I'm trying to say that having a bit of anything isn't going to make you fat. In fact, adding more diverse foods into your diet may improve your body composition and well-being. Again: anything in moderation.
  • mssuzilla
    mssuzilla Posts: 2
    Options
    I've been on the Dukan Diet since 6/18/2011 and have come down to my goal weight! :drinker: I'm pretty nervous about going into consolidation and adding bread and fruit back into my diet. Has anyone on here had any successes or failures when moving to this phase? I'm worried about retaining water or messing up my metabolism, but today my body was telling me it's time! I was so starving that I decided to move to the next phase (I technically hit my goal weight last Wednesday!). I had my first cheat meal Friday but was so nervous about gaining that I returned to the cruise

How are you getting on in consolidation. I expect to start this phase soon and just like you am really nervous. I had thought I would start last weekend but have hit a plateau and can't quite get to the right weight to start consolidation. I have been on dukan for a month now and lost 4kg and just have 0.5kg to go. I want to be sure I am happy with my weight before I go on to the next phase. Any advice would be most welcome.