Help with food

My wife and I started south beach a few weeks ago and have both lost weight. I'd like to start a new thing by using the little whole wheat sandwich thins and peanut butter. I work at Toyota so I'm working steady and get break every 2 hours. I'm thinking instead of big lunches and trying to find snacks and stuff that I'd just make a sandwich thin with peanut butter and cut it into fourths and eat a fourth of it each break and a whole one at lunch. I'd add in veggies and meat at home obviously this is mostly for work purposes. I'm not counting calories or anything just doing the carb and sugar aspect of South beach. Thoughts on this? Will the weight loss be affected?

Replies

• OMAChiver
    OMAChiver Posts: 11 Member
    I know absolutely nothing about the South Beach Diet. My advice is only based on my personal experience. I eat seven meals per day distributed evenly between 4:30am and 6:30pm. Calorie consumption per meal ranges from 150-250. For me, this plan has eliminated feelings of hunger/over eating, and I feel consistently fueled throughout the day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Weight loss is only affected by calories in vs calories out. As long as you are keeping track of calories and eating like this makes you stick to your calorie goal, you will lose.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    edited February 2017
    The only other dieting attempts I have ever made have been using the South Beach Diet. The food is easy enough to eat and stay compliant with the diet. However, the true weight loss comes from being in a calorie deficit. If you eat enough of any food, you will maintain or gain weight rather than lose.

I have had far greater, sustainable success eating all sorts of foods, but weighing everything on a digital food scale and eating only the calories within my defined goal (the MFP way). It has really made life SO much easier than trying to remember what foods are and aren't allowed. I understand why and how I am losing weight and I am fully engaged in the process of making food choices that fit my calorie goals, make me feel full, and allow for indulgences.
  • tahxirez
    tahxirez Posts: 270 Member
    Can you sustain a diet comprised mostly of sandwich thin and peanut butter? That's pretty sad. I'd get bored. Plus peanut butter is a notoriously hard food to eyeball. But to each their own.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Yes, you could try that. It's all trial and error and everyone is different. For me eating 5 to 6 times a day works.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I'd be starving just eating that. I'd also be bored after 2 days.

• justindmoody
    justindmoody Posts: 2 Member
    I'm pretty boring lol. I've pretty much always taken sandwiches for work for the past 5 years or so. Keep in mind this is only while at work. I leave my house at 4:00 PM and get home anywhere from 2:30 AM to 4:00 AM. Outside of that I'd eat other foods that my wife is eating such as spaghetti squash, chicken, fish, veggies, and so on. This is more or less about not getting hungry at work but not eating a lot either.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,317 Member
    My personal experience with peanut butter and bread is that it leaves me wanting more. It's triggery food for me.

I have to be really careful around peanut butter. It gets me going. So does bread. Your mileage may (obviously) vary - but that would leave me feeling unsatisfied.