Any personal trainers here??

Options

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    I looked at the web site and could find no information about who the actual people are who run this organization. To me that's always a red flag.

They have created a structure that looks legit from a regulatory standpoint, but says absolutely nothing about the quality of the teaching materials or the worth of the "certification" in the real world.

My facility would never hire anyone with a certification from this place, but I have not worked in commercial clubs. I don't know your background or what practical experience or academic training you have to actually be a personal trainer, so I don't know what led you to consider this organization. I know that among higher-level facilities, a certification from the NSCA, ACSM, or even ACE have more stature than one of these online places.
  • aelunyu
    aelunyu Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    NASM! ACE would be good as well. From my memory, the NASM textbook is pretty centered on mobility and some light nutrition stuff. It's definitely not a hardcore course about maximizing performance etc. The test is easy enough. Most of it is remembering definitions and very little actual situational things. But NASM does have continuing and advanced certifications so that's something to consider.

I don't know much about AFPA, but it seems new. The fitness industry is sort of exploding with these things now. If you were to ask me about how you might be able to find a job easily, it's through the highly accredited institutions:

ACE, NASM

• Totttiebuttx3
    Totttiebuttx3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, love. Going to do some more research now!! :)