I can't stand eggs.

Options
2»

Replies

• goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    lulalacroixlula If your eggs taste of fish - you might have been buying the omega 3 ones laid by hens fed on fish oil. (My grandfather fed his war-time chickens with cod-liver-oil that his children wouldn't eat. They preferred the oil when in the eggs but apparently there was a slightly fishy taste.)
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You might not be surprised that I quite like porridge. It has to be 'just right' of course - -made with milk and served with walnuts; I don't like it lumpy or cold or with a spoon too large or a chair too small. Luckily it doesn't make me sleepy and since the local supermarket sells oats and milk and walnuts - no need to go looking for these things in the woods.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    lulalacroixlula If your eggs taste of fish - you might have been buying the omega 3 ones laid by hens fed on fish oil. (My grandfather fed his war-time chickens with cod-liver-oil that his children wouldn't eat. They preferred the oil when in the eggs but apparently there was a slightly fishy taste.)

Thanks for the info. I had been buying my eggs from an organic farmer at the time.
  • sunnycamper
    sunnycamper Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed having fish for breakfast in Japan
    My English dad used to eat grilled kippers.
    Sometimes I'll eat a canned sardine or a bit of pickled herring.
    Or kitcheree (lentils and rice leftovers).

Lots of choices that aren't dairy, if you're bored of dairy
  • TishTash1616
    TishTash1616 Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I blend 30g of silken tofu with a frozen banana and 200g of another frozen fruit (berries, mango, etc.). It's 23g of protien per portion and 336 calories. The texture is between a yogurt and a soft serve ice cream.

33ig6nnq5h6l.jpg
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I also hate eggs. I am President of the No Egg Club though, maybe you could be VP.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,996 Member
    Options
    One very interesting thing about travelling, particularly in Asia, is that many many people in the world eat non western breakfast foods.

Breakfast buffets always included noodle soup, cold meats, pork and rice etc.

Just eat something non western breakfast food for breakfast OP.

If you want it to have protein, pick something high in protein

If you dont like eggs, don't eat eggs.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter!

NOT a good source of protein at all.

But any kind of meat, Greek yogurt, seafood...
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Protein waffles, pancakes or oatmeal. In fact, protein pancakes are my dinner tonight!

www.theproteinchef.co

That is the best web site. Try the microwave chocolate chip cookie for breakfast! Lots of protein and there's so much fiber it's really filling.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Don't eat eggs. I prefer a tofu scramble mug with veggie bacon. More protein than stupid eggs
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Don't eat eggs. I prefer a tofu scramble mug with veggie bacon. More protein than stupid eggs

And veggie proteins aren't as effective at stimulating protein synthesis and need to be eaten in larger quantities to compare to meat and egg proteins. Besides, eggs and real bacon taste a lot better than tofu and fake bacon.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,391 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Protein waffles, pancakes or oatmeal. In fact, protein pancakes are my dinner tonight!

www.theproteinchef.co

That is the best web site. Try the microwave chocolate chip cookie for breakfast! Lots of protein and there's so much fiber it's really filling.

The pumpkin cookie (with chocolate chips) are really good too. I haven't tried the chocolate chip one yet though.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

www.theproteinchef.co

The pumpkin cookie (with chocolate chips) are really good too. I haven't tried the chocolate chip one yet though.

Oh yeah, I've been all over that pumpkin cookie. It's delicious. I like that I can cut the recipe in half if I don't have enough calories and the serving size is still generous.

I had to try the chocolate chip cookie because I'm a sucker for anything with coconut flour.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options

And veggie proteins aren't as effective at stimulating protein synthesis and need to be eaten in larger quantities to compare to meat and egg proteins. Besides, eggs and real bacon taste a lot better than tofu and fake bacon.

Well I guess it's a good thing I eat plenty of veggies then huh? I prefer the taste actually than to real eggs and bacon, the fatty favor was never really my thing or the stomach cramps from eggs