goal

Options
Hi my name is Pat, this is all new to me. How do I know how long it will take to reach my goal, If I stay with the amount of cal they suggest

Replies

• JakeL1981
    JakeL1981 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good question. Id like to see the answer to that as well. I know the calorie intake changes as you loose weight and it gives you a 5 week out projection but that's all i really looked into it.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Of course it depends on a lot of different issues. I try not to worry about the when, I try and enjoy the journey. The feeling and change that comes from eating healthy and exercising. I want this to last and then be able to maintain so I have my goal set low for weight loss. I'd rather lose a little slower and not get burnt-out
  • patriciadonia
    patriciadonia Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow today I lost another pound... I did some sets of stretches with rubber bands I had from rehab from a few years ago. Maybe that gave my body a little boost.. When I started this I was at 170.2 now at 163.0 I stand at 5' 2".. How much weight do you have to lose before you can tell in your clothes..... I would love to lose two pant sizes. I love hearing from others about their weight loss or suggestions...
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Weight loss isn't linear. It also depends on how many pounds per week you have chosen.

Here is me. I started Feb 2015 at 245 lbs by Nov 2015 I was under 190 lbs. Doing the math I lost 1.25 lbs per week.

Of course women and men are different. Also the pant size question I don't know because I didn't buy clothed until after I reached my goal.
  • megd44
    megd44 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Good job on the loss. Slow and steady is what will keep it off - or at least it has for me. Generally, there are about 10 - 15 pounds between sizes in women's clothes. But remember, one size at one store may be different than another. For example, I generally wear a size smaller at Ann Taylor than the Gap. So, when I need a bit of a boost, I will go try on clothes at Ann Taylor. :) Mt closet is stocked with, literally, three different sizes based on where I buy - with bathing sits being the absolute craziest!! Don't get hung up on what the size says; focus on how you feel. Good luck!