Pb2

Options
Has anyone tried this?

Replies

• LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Yes, I eat it regularly and enjoy it, it's not exactly like peanut butter, but it's awesome on apples.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I use it in oatmeal. I like it.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Those of you that eat PB2..do you eat it because it tastes good or to replace PB and save fat calories or both? I love nut butter and am having a tough time imagining powder and water equaling nut butter. Does one get used to it or is it one of those love it or hate it things? :D

Oh I see someone just posted adding it to Oats...well, I can see that. When I make toast (2) or Oatmeal I normally would be fine with 1T of nut butter, typically I use Trader Joe's Sunflower nut butter. So I may be too spoiled to go back to peanut butter now. :laugh: Sunflower nut butter tastes so decedent to me :p
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I love it and eat it everyday (mostly on rice cakes with bananas, on apples, or pb&j sandwich). I also like it on toast. I use it as a peanut butter replacement to save on calories and I do like the way it tastes. I can very rarely fit real peanut butter into my calories nowadays. A bit tricky sometimes to get the right ratio of water and powder though... Recently got some toasted coconut and honey flavored (not by the PB2 brand) and they're delicious too. but nothing compares to real pb.
  • marm1962
    marm1962 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    I have tried it, but I don't care for it. The peanut butter flavor to me is very weak, but if I wanted some peanut butter flavor and not all the calories I would opt to use it in a protein shake.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I like it. It's not exactly peanut butter, but it's close enough. I use less water to mix it up and I can get a generous serving to have on top of a rice cake. I mainly use it in other things, though.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I will use it for dipping apples, in oatmeal, in protein shakes, etc. I won't use it as a substitute for PB in sandwiches because it tastes like peanut butter without any of the good texture.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I use peanut flour (not pb2) in my Asian peanut sauces to save calories.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I never thought I'd see the day I'd buy this. I tend to hate substitutes for things. Combine that with a love for peanut butter, and I even shocked myself by buying PB2. I don't ever intend to use it mixed with water as a spread. I've put it in my yogurt before, and it adds a little peanut butter taste. Nothing life-changing though, in my opinion.
  • Rowan09
    Rowan09 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I tried it. Mixed it into my oatmeal and barely got any flavor. Not for me