New to MFP

Options
tsmith8
tsmith8 Posts: 37 Member
Hi! I just joined yesterday and am impressed with the site, and all the friendly people!
I'm 5' 5", 223-at my heaviest ever. I've tried quite a few different diets, but between the site and the app on my phone I feel like this could help me make long-term lifestyle changes. At the beginning of diets I have this sinking feeling that it's not going to work, or it's taking too long, so I give up or decide food tastes better than sucess-not a good frame of mind. So I am Really trying to stay positive, and remind myself that it took a while to put it on, so it takes a while to get it off. I've printed out some positive sayings or quotes, and am going to tape them to the mirror tonight so I can read them while getting ready for work.

Replies

• meljr66
    meljr66 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You can do this!:smile:
  • LC28
    LC28 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! :)
  • bipandora
    bipandora Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I know you can do this
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Welcome TS! The important thing is to take it one day at a time (if necessary, one meal at a time). For me I find the first week or two to be the worst. It takes a while to get "in the groove" and it is at this time that it is easiest to back slide. Try committing to just a day of eating better, then a week. It will get easier over time. This site and the online tools are really helpful if you use them consistantly and honestly. Good luck to you!
  • tsmith8
    tsmith8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!
    Daylite-I agree taking one meal or day at a time is a good way to look at it-then it's not so daunting.

Thanks! :smile:
  • rsw84
    rsw84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    welcome along! x
  • bean177
    bean177 Posts: 75
    Options
    WELCOME - add me as a friend - the best cheerleaders EVER!!!!! Funniest thing I've seen on MFP today - What fits better into your lifestyle, working out an hour a day, or being dead 24 hours a day? :happy: