Pre/post workout

Options
I'm new to this whole weight loss thing so can anyone help me with some advice on what are good foods to eat before and after workouts..Thanks

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I don't eat before working out. Just water. I eat regular lunch and dinner. Don't really do breakfast, but usually a protein bar about 2 hours before lunch. My workouts are first thing in the morning and then around 4:45 pm. I sometimes have an afternoon snack, but not always.
  • MrCarline
    MrCarline Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    mayb9216 wrote: »
    I'm new to this whole weight loss thing so can anyone help me with some advice on what are good foods to eat before and after workouts..Thanks
    Healthy diet, track your food... everything! Cut back on sugar and workout hard. Always eat something before working out, nuts or banana at least something, yiu need energy to train and this will help you work harder. PTs are good but question everything they say because there are a lot that don't consider your personal goals.
    Lots of water.
    Good foods post workout : chicken, fish, veg (not too much roots like potatoes etc) nuts seeds, pulses. Fruits yes but not too much its still sugar.
    Experiment with spices etc to make things interesting.
    Protein shakes but make sure you get advice on whats best for you!
    Good luck.. you will have good days and bad days but don't give up ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Neither are necessary. Eat what works for you before a workout (or don't eat). Eat when you're hungry after your workout. It doesn't matter. What matters is how many calories (and how much protein/good fats) you eat overall.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Neither are necessary. Eat what works for you before a workout (or don't eat). Eat when you're hungry after your workout. It doesn't matter. What matters is how many calories (and how much protein/good fats) you eat overall.

So much this.

Meal timing around workouts is one of the most insignificant factors related to nutrition/exercise. If you have your diet and exercise program perfect, timing may help the 0.5% but not critical for the rest of us.